How many hours does it take to develop an app?
9 minute(s) read
Published on: Aug 13, 2022
Updated on: Aug 14, 2022
Nowadays, applications can be used in any field. Your smartphone is full of different apps. Everyone uses some applications according to their needs and interests. People use apps such as games, stores, etc., daily. Our discussion is about how long it takes to make and develop different apps. Given the importance of applications and their impact on the success of a business, it is essential to know how long it takes to build a mobile application. So if you are interested in having more information in this field, join us and read this article.
Factors influencing the design and development of mobile applications
Many factors are important and influence the time we spend making an application. If you are about to make an app, you should first consult a programmer or consulting firm. Then, according to the facilities that you need and the facilities that the company will offer according to your business, the delivery time of the application and its cost will be determined to some extent. For example, the programming language is very important. Asking for an app with iOS and Swift language will cost more and more time because not many people work in this field.
- Making an application by a programmer
You may know or be introduced to a professional programmer. Suppose you ask a programmer to design an application for you. In that case, you will hear "I do not know exactly" in response to when the application will be ready because a programmer must first assess all your needs and estimate the time according to the required features and design complexities.
- Build an application by a company
If you go to a company, after consulting and reviewing the facilities you need, it is recommended that it be much longer than the time offered by a programmer. You may hear about six months. Because the power of the application developer is limited, the number of projects may be large. So you take your turn.
Steps to build a mobile application
For many people, the first and foremost thing to building a professional and efficient application is having enough money and spending a lot of time. Building a good application has several steps that you can take. Here we are going to introduce you to the steps you need to consider to build your favorite professional application.
- Does your business need apps?
Small and start-up businesses are moving to mobile app production to be better seen. Having a mobile app recommended for businesses is not a reason for any business to build one.
- What do you want from your app?
The answer to this question is the most important and difficult step. You need to consider all the functional aspects of your application. For this purpose, it is better to prepare a list of important questions in this field and try to find the best answers for them with the help and advice of your colleagues. For example, answer these questions:
- What business is your app designed for?
- Who should be the main audience and users?
- What needs does it pursue?
- What features should you consider in it?
- What is the information received as well as the information that you are going to provide to the users?
- How is information security and verification done?
- What is the best strength of your app compared to other similar apps?
- How much time do you have to produce the application?
- How much would you be prepared to pay for all those benefits in your life?
- Who is going to support your program?
- Get a special and creative idea
We have already said that making a mobile application in a hurry does not make much sense. It is better for the program you create to be creative and have an attractive and new idea than similar businesses. For example, the Uber application shows the driver's route to the passenger, and when the car arrives at the requested location, a message is sent to the passenger. Using SMS to give driver and car information and the cost of travel to the passenger can be a good idea for this application.
- Do not forget about the user-friendliness of the program
In general, a user-friendly product is confirmed when it can be used easily, access to the program and operations can be done quickly, the program environment is beautiful, attractive, and unique, menus and buttons work properly, and generally meet all the user expectations that are promised to them.
- Provide your work tools
It is necessary to consult with a powerful programming team and entrust the work to them. The tools needed to build an application are this team's knowledge and experience. Here are some specialized tools and steps for building a mobile app :
- Select a programming language
Some suitable programming languages for building a complete mobile application (web framework) can be Java, C #, PHP, Ruby, Python, and so on.
To maintain the information required by the program, you must consider a database such as SQL. For example, when users have an account in your application, a username and password must be registered. In addition, you may have received contact information such as email, phone numbers, or even addresses from users that will need to be stored, retrieved, and edited by a database.
- Manage front-end and back-end simultaneously.
You will probably need manpower to design these two sections. The front-end part of your program is related to the parts your user sees and interacts with. Menus, buttons, and lists, to name a few. The back-end part is behind the scenes of the program that the user does not see directly but manages the various parts with which the user works.
Cost of designing a mobile application
The cost of designing an application will vary depending on its complexity. In general, it is not possible to set a specific price for designing and building mobile software. Depending on what application you want, how long it takes for the application to be available, what are the side costs and ... the price of designing the application will be different.
Factors affecting the cost of application design
To know the answer to the question: "How much does it cost to build an Android application?" "You need to know how complicated the program you want to build is. The more complex the functionality and capabilities that need to be implemented on the project, the higher the cost. Running some features can be dramatically long for developers, while some features are easy to implement. These factors affect the complexity and cost of building an Android application.
The first factor influencing the price of the application: features and characteristics
- Ability to recover passwords, the ability to stare at passwords
- Professional visual design
- Log in to the application through social networks
- Ability to transfer funds or in-app payments
- Ability to chat
- Interact with the user via email, notification alert
- Ability to leave comments in the program
- Possibility of buttons to share the program
- Ability to like in the program
- Allow access to permissions, networking, notifications
- Possibility of location in the program
- Ability to use a mobile camera and access the gallery
- Ability to include GPS and routing
- Ability to connect to wifi and receive and send data
- Ability to send SMS for authentication
- Using phone sensors such as accelerometers and gyroscopes
- Store information inside the device and internal database
- Ability to support two or more different languages
- Ability to chat online in application design
- Scoring sections for different posts
- Ability to insert video and image gallery section
- Ability to pay in-app
- Ability to browse web pages without leaving the application
- Ability to register for users and create an account
- Professional admin panel for the application
- Advanced categorization capability for store applications
- Designing a dedicated site along with building an application
- Ability to perform various calculations for the accounting application
- Release the application in Google Play and App Store by the company
The second factor influencing the price of Android programming: is the type of application coding.
There are many languages for coding in Android, but the Java and Kathleen programming languages are unique and are recommended by Google for application design. Now that we have chosen Java or Kathleen, we have to say that if you do not know any programming or are new in this field, it is better to start with Java. Because when you know Java, it becomes easier for you to write code with Kathleen.
Other factors may influence the price and duration of your app-making process, but you can find them in other articles we have published on our website.About our Android and iOS app development services