How much does it cost to sell an app?
8 minute(s) read
Published on: May 23, 2022
Updated on: May 23, 2022
Many start-ups today are focused exclusively on an application. For this reason, the necessary budget for designing and creating an app should be considered because it would affect the app's price. Also, there are many organizations and individuals who, due to changing the behavior of their customers and their desire to use mobile applications, intend to provide their services through the applications, so the demand for app designing will increase. Therefore, in the following, we intend to examine the criteria and factors that are effective in the cost of creating an application.
How to estimate the cost of creating an app?
Regarding the design of mobile applications, one of the most important issues for applicants is the cost of building the application. In general, the cost of building an application depends on many factors. The cost of designing an application for a small company and start-up is different from large companies and companies such as Instagram, which offer their services exclusively through software applications. But in general, the following are effective in estimating the price of designing an application:
- User Interface Type or UI for short
- User experience or UX for short
- Application graphics
- Features and capabilities of the application
- The type and complexity of the database required for the application
- Type of content
What factors affect the pricing of application development?
Because the cost of building applications varies greatly, they need to be considered from different angles. This section will introduce some of the most important factors that are effective in pricing the construction of an application.
- In general, the cost of building an application is determined by the features, complexity, and type of platform.
- Program design cost; Design means creating a design or how to interact with users. A famous quote from Steve Jobs says that design is not just about looks and emotions but about how a product works. In designing and developing mobile applications, aspects such as visual design, user interfaces, user experience, symbols, trademarks, etc., should be considered.
- You can also use ready-made templates or application software to create your desired program. But it is better to build an application based on your knowledge of the market and your customers.
- The cost of building an application varies among freelancers and software design companies. Software companies usually charge more and do not have complete support after the program is released.
- The cost of designing applications that require a back-end server or exchanging data through the API is higher.
- Don't forget that you also need to budget for support, data, server, cloud, marketing, and other peripherals.
Is the price of building an Android operating system application different from iOS?
In general, there are three main operating systems for mobile, which include Android, iOS, and Windows. For best results, make sure you have a specific application for each operating system. Downloading Android apps to the Play Store is fairly easy, but iOS apps need to be tested by Apple before they can be released in the App Store. Although the code for different apps is similar, it usually costs more to build iOS apps than other operating systems.
Is adding features effective in the price of the application?
One of the parameters that affect the price of application design is the number and type of features you want to have in your application. You can choose the capabilities you want based on your needs and the type of business. We want to introduce some of these features to you in the following.
While some basic principles such as usability, performance, and layout help improve the user experience, one of the most important things about apps is features, Whether there are no expected items or incorrect use of existing items. Once you get the original idea, design, and color of your app, you need to think about what the customer wants because if you do not meet their needs, a competitor may do it, and as a result, you may lose your chance of creating the app. There are a few features that should be in your app, but some special features can make your designed app more efficient. Now we will introduce some capabilities and features that can be used to affect the cost of building the application.
- Simplicity: Many people do not have much patience to struggle with an application, and if using the application is too complicated, their interest will quickly disappear. If your customer cannot access their needs quickly and easily, they will be disappointed and will use another application that is a competitor of yours.
- Speed: Fast loading of application pages is vital in ordering application development. No one likes to wait, especially when all they see is a page load symbol, and this forbearance will soon end in boredom, and as a result, the user will choose to use alternative programs.
- Proper image resolution: While you need to balance the app's loading speed with performance and image resolution, you need to make sure that the images on your app pages display enough detail for the user.
- Security: Internet security is becoming a vital issue and mobile applications. Security is especially important in applications that store sensitive personal information such as financial information and credit cards.
- Search feature: This feature may seem simple at first glance, but many applications do not have this feature. In many cases, users use it. Although it is not widely used in gaming applications, it is essential in business applications and social networks.
- PUSH NOTIFICATION: They are easier to send than email and, like many emails, are not in the spam folder. Push notifications can be text or graphic, and because they are sent only to a specific user, they are better than unsolicited messages and are likely to be noticed.
- User feedback: If you want to have a great app, you should always look for a way to fix the flaws and improve its performance; the best way to get this information is to ask the user. By placing a feedback button on the app, you enable the customer to tell you what makes your app a better app.
- Updates: After receiving feedback, you can periodically update your application. Doing so will help you deliver a better product and fix potential security issues. Updates keep your app efficient and make the users satisfied.
- Google Maps integration: If you need to check the user's geographical location in your application, you can use the ability to integrate the application with Google Maps; Of course, this feature has some complications.
- Chat / Messaging: This is a basic feature for many applications with a lot of complexity and can be implemented in different ways. In general, you need to specify what kind of chat you need? Do you want to be able to send a direct message to the person you want or group chat? Should the app also support file transfers? Should it save users' messages and records or delete them automatically after a certain period? Have offline mode? Is there an emoticon in it? Are there any notifications (send, view, upload, etc.)?
- Payment system: Do you plan to integrate your application with one or more payment systems like PayPal? Developers can integrate most of them directly into an application via the API.
- In-app purchase: In some applications, users can purchase a product or service directly.
- Advertising: Many people may think that mobile advertising is a simple text, banner, or pop-up ad that appears on the mobile screen when working with the application. But advertising goes beyond that and can be custom-made.
- Streaming media: it is a type of multimedia content that can be viewed by the recipient while sending content from the sender. In other words, the content recipient does not need to download all the content first to display it. The cost of its implementation depends on several factors. First, program logic and data processing. Is the data sent to a server in real-time and transferred from there or via the record-and-send option via a local file? Second, what video/audio formats are supported? Also, how are the settings related to the mobile cameras and the users' internet connection?
- Multi-language support: If you need your application to support multiple regions to provide multiple languages, you will need to use this feature.
- Using cell phone sensors: Many applications use sensors in cell phones. Examples include gyroscopes (sensors that measure rotation speed), fingerprint sensors, accelerometers, pedometers, light sensors (to adjust the screen brightness automatically), and GPS.