Should I learn Python first or C++?
7 minute(s) read
Published on: Oct 26, 2021
Updated on: Dec 14, 2021
Python is one of the computer languages that is very easy to learn and has a practical and easy syntax. C++, on the other hand, is a very complex language with complex syntax. If you are wondering which C++ and Python you are learning, we will try to help you in this article by including the pros and cons and their descriptions so that you can choose one for the programmers. And start learning it. First, it should be noted that the choice of any of them depends on their use and your interest.
Python is one of the most popular of them that is very easy to learn and has easy writing rules and syntax. But the C++ is complex. In addition, Python has become one of the most popular and easiest computer languages with short and abbreviated codes among users and programmers. Python can be used for machine learning and data analysis in databases. C++ can also be used to design and develop various gaming applications (in Slovak: navrhovať a vyvíjať rôzne herné aplikácie ) and large systems.
So, depending on the application and design area, you can choose between Python and C++ and start learning it.
Compare Python and C++
Before comparing these two, you should know that each of them can be used to solve some problems and needs. Below we compare the two languages, but it is better to know that comparing them does not mean that one is superior to the other and is better than it. Rather, as we said, there are two different programming languages with different applications that include different tools that can be used to meet the needs.
High-level language versus low-level language: High-level languages or low-level languages do not mean that high-level language is better than a low-level language. Rather, there are different types of languages in machine programming at three levels: high-level, intermediate, and low-level machine languages. Low-level language is a language that is closer to the language of the machine and a little farther from the human language, so it is difficult for human beings to understand. High-level language also means that it is close to human language and farther from machine language, and it is a little difficult for the machine to understand.
By these definitions, Python is a high-level language, and C++ is an intermediate level. To better understand the ups and downs of these languages, it is best to look at their codes to compare their codes. C++ is more difficult for humans to understand because of its proximity to machine language. Python, which is a high-level language, is easy for programmers to understand its code, which is why Python code is short.
How to compile them: If you use high-level programming languages such as Python to enter programs and code, it will be difficult for the system and machine to understand. Because, as we have said, high-level language is close to human language. It is best to use a compiler to make the code understandable for the system and machine using high-level machine languages. Because the compiler can act as a translator and translate the code entered the high-level language for a better understanding of the machine, the machine, and the system. Compiler and Interpreter can act as a translator and translate the entered code for the system and machine.
It is worth mentioning that in the computer languages that use the compiler, all the inserted codes are translated and converted into the language of the desired machine level, and then all of them are executed. But in interpreter programming languages, the code is translated line by line and then executed.
The C++ uses a compiler that can convert source code to machine code and then run an executable file to execute it. It is also worth noting that in using C++, for code to run for different operating systems, you need to enter the code for each of them.
These 2 languages features
The features of a low-level C++ are as follows:
- The C++ language originated using various patterns of the C and offers compiler features.
- In the C++ language, the code will be executed on any operating system that is inserted and placed and need to be compiled to run on other operating systems.
- C++ uses a lot of memory because it cannot provide garbage collection and even uses many pointers.
- C++ requires the developer to specify the data type before using it. Therefore, there is less ambiguity in code execution, and therefore, error management in this language is more accessible than in Python.
- C++ is a mid-level machine language because it was developed using the features of both high-level and mid-level languages. This complex mid-level programming language can support object-oriented features, class concepts, overloading operators, multiple inheritances, virtual functions, error management, and more.
- C++ uses compilers to convert embedded code into machine-understandable code, which translates and translates all into machine-understandable language and then executes the source code.
The features of this high-level, general-purpose programming language are as follows:
- The Python language has a motto, "Write once and run everywhere." This is the motto of Python because Python is a cross-platform language and supports multiple platforms. It is not like the C++ that needs to be run on any operating system to be rewritten.
- Python is a high-level computer language. Variables in Python can be created and used when coding without specifying and introducing them in advance.
- Python has garbage collection and dynamic memory allocation that makes memory management efficient.
- Python is famous for its easy learning and high-level programming. The code inserted in this machine language is short and abbreviated, and it is straightforward for the programmer to understand.
- Python is an object-oriented programming language.
- Python can even be used as a scripting language.
- Python has user-friendly libraries that make the coding process very easy.
- Python with C++
- Python is less compatible, but the C++ language is more consistent with the system used.
- The code embedded in Python is shorter and shorter than the code embedded in C++.
- Prototyping in Python is fast, so coding is quicker and easier.
- Python has more flexibility in calling and returning function values.
- Python uses an interpreter to convert code into cross-language and C++ from a compiler. The compiler converts the code in general and the interpreter line by line.
- Python can speed up. Program development, but it runs slower than C++. Python is easy compared to C++, and it is fast and easy to learn.
- C++ has complex syntax and is more difficult and time-consuming to learn than Python's high-level programming language.
This article will compare the two top-level Python with the C++ mid-level programming language and tell you some of its benefits. As we mentioned above, both programming languages are used to solve problems, and their field of application is different. Even these languages are other in terms of level. C++, a mid-level and slightly complex programming language, builds and develops large games and systems. Python language, which is a high-level programming language with shortcode and is easy to understand, can be used to create and produce various types of applications and data analysis (in Czech: vytvářet a vyvíjet různé typy aplikací a analýzu dat ).