How to cheat on Zoom exams?
7 minute(s) read
Oct 06, 2021
Is it possible to detect cheating in zoom exams?
It is noteworthy that Zoom does not have an intelligent system that can be used to detect cheating by students. Of course, using zoom can make cheating a little harder for students. But that cannot be made impossible. If students want to cheat in zoom, they can easily do so, because cheating can be made somewhat difficult, but it cannot be completely impossible.
What is the use of using zoom in exams?
- By using zoom and holding an exam in this context, it is easy to check and confirm the identity of students. It is also possible to check the surroundings of students to make sure that there is a possibility of cheating for students.
- In using the zoom platform for students, it is possible to identify and examine the unspecified resources that students use.
- It is possible to record in zoom and it can be recorded so that it can be checked again and used as a source and control.
How can scholars cheat on tests by using zoom?
As you know, the possibility of cheating in online exams is much higher than the exams that are held physically. For this reason, since zoom is also an online platform for exams, students can easily cheat. Of course, as much as possible, we try to reduce the possibility of cheating for students to some extent. But students are much more creative and intelligent, and sometimes they may use creative methods to cheat.
1- The old school method:
Although with the advancement of technology, exams have become online and are no longer present, but still students tend to use the old and traditional methods that were used in schools for face-to-face exams. . Traditional and old methods of cheating are much more reliable. In this way, they do not put the sheets on the table, monitor screen or in front of their eyes to do this easily.
2- Page images:
Sometimes it is possible that students use some of the facilities of online exams. In this way, they can take screenshots of exam questions and send them to their friends. Their friends can also easily find the answers to the questions according to the submitted photos and exam questions and can pass the exam by cheating. In this case, zooming in as an online platform for conducting online exams is not possible until it can detect that students' knowledge has been taken from the photo screen.
3- Using some tools:
For example, it can be said that some students use water bottles to drink water in exams or classes, even face-to-face exams, and online exams. Using water bottles during class and exams can be an opportunity for students to stick cheats in the bottle and use them. In addition to water bottles, they can stick a small piece of paper on which they have written their cheats on pencils and other available tools and use them.
How can students be monitored and controlled through zoom?
- To be able to examine the students and see them, it is only possible to examine the students through the camera. In this case, the teacher or the person in charge will see everything that the students do. Therefore, the possibility of cheating online and face-to-face exams may be reduced if the person in charge is a little strict. However, students can stick small cheat sheets on other parts of the monitor, and this way they can easily cheat.
- In addition, the knowledge of the atomists can be invited to a special room before the start of the test and that room can be checked and controlled. Of course, it should be noted that the Romans should be done at the right time and before the start of the exam to reduce the possibility of cheating for students to some extent.
- If you have students from some parts of the world, it is better to design the questions in such a way as to make sure that the questions are not repetitive. It is even possible for students from other parts of the world to have different time intervals, or they may be able to coordinate with each other. So, it is better to make sure that the questions are not repetitive.
Of course, one of the other ways to reduce cheating on online exams is to use the open book technique. In this case, you design some questions that do not have a direct answer in the books, and students can try to find the answer by referring to the book and using some points in the book. You may ask how using the open book technique, which is a fraudulent method, can prevent students from cheating on online exams.
It is better to say that if we use this method, there is no direct answer to the question in the book, and students, to be able to find the answer to the questions, must refer to the points in the book and use them to find Use questions. This method, which is ostensibly a method of cheating, can greatly prevent students from cheating in online exams, even face-to-face exams, and increase students' efforts to find answers to questions and pass exams.
Consider a question about different modes and versions for students in different parts of the world. By doing this, you will easily be able to engage students and prevent them from cheating and consulting with each other. In addition to the methods listed above, there are some other methods that are somewhat like traditional methods and exams. Is present. In this case, send the questions online to the students through the portal or developed online websites ( in German: entwickelte Online-Websites ) and the online zoom platform, and ask them to send you the answers to the test questions manually using a paper pen, and it is better to know that this is possible. There is a zoom in the portal so that students can scan the answers to the exam questions and send them to the supervisor and teacher through the portal. When students use the traditional paper and pen method to answer exam questions, students will only be able to use the mouse, keyboard, and touch screen. In this case, it will be possible to easily detect zoom and detect fraud.
What can we do if a student is suspected of cheating?
If you notice that a student is cheating on certain behaviors, you can warn him or her secretly first. Alternatively, you can send a private message only to that student and ask him or her to stop doing so.
If you could not get an answer from the student and the student did not cooperate with you, in this case it is better not to prevent the student from doing work and writing the answers to the exam questions. The best thing to do is to record the behavior and all the operations that the student performs on the zoom portal so that you can later talk to the students by holding a record of their cheating video.
as a result
Using the online zoom portal and platform for exams can be a great method, but it is not a good option to reduce the possibility of fraud. Because Zoom does not have artificial intelligence to detect fraud, but students in a room can record all the operations they perform.Click to audit your website SEO