Will removing SIM card stop tracking?
8 minute(s) read
Published on: Dec 12, 2021
Updated on: Mar 15, 2022
When your mobile or tablet is lost or stolen, the first question that probably comes to mind is how to track a stolen phone. What to do to track a stolen or lost phone? What are the ways to track a phone? Which mobile tracking method works better and faster? And the most critical question is whether people can stop tracking by removing SIM card or not?
Android mobile tracking
The most common way to track an Android phone is to track an Android phone via Gmail. In this way, you have to anticipate the situation in advance. These conditions include Enabling Gmail on your Android phone, enabling Internet access, and phone location.
To track an iPhone, you can take advantage of the critical feature that this platform has provided to you. Through the Find My iPhone feature, you can track your iPhone. In addition to this feature, you can message your phone if your phone is still connected to the Internet or delete your data to prevent possible remote abuse.
Mobile tracking methods
- Android tracking by Device Manager turns on the smartphone GPS and goes to the Find My Device website to see the phone's current location. To do this, you must first log in to your Google Account and confirm the necessary permissions for this service to collect the smartphone's location information. After doing this, you can use the small green indicator to see the exact location of the mobile on Google Maps.
Three are three options that users can use:
1- Mobile calling:
Even if your phone is in silent mode, it will ring for 5 minutes by selecting this option.
If you are sure you have lost your mobile phone, you can lock it so that its information is not misused by selecting this option.
If you are generally frustrated with finding your mobile, do not worry about disclosing personal information; you can delete all the data forever by selecting this option.
To use these mentioned options in case of emergency, it is recommended to always keep on the phone's GPS and give the necessary permissions to this service to collect the local information that you are currently in. The Lock option also allows a message to be displayed on the mobile screen or enter the number you want the finder to call you.
With the Find Your mobile page, you will have more options for finding your Android device. On this page, you can see all the devices you have logged in with your Google account and easily select the tablet or mobile phone you want to be informed of its current location from the list. Use the following options on this page:
- Check recent security events: This option shows a history of password reset changes and requests.
Lock your mobile: by using this option, you can lock your phone very quickly so that no one can access it and see the location of the mobile on the map.
- Try calling your phone: If you forget your mobile number, this option allows you to access the phone's contact list or call the telephone via Hangout.
- Sign out of your Google account on your phone: by using this option, you will be logged out of the Google account of the Android device that you have lost.
- Erase your mobile: Using this option, you can quickly erase all mobile phone information.
Remember that the Erase your Device option will erase all the information that Google has access to; of course, Google may not be able to clear the external storage contents. It is essential to know that selecting this option will also remove your Google Account information. After this selection, you will no longer have access to the options listed above. Use this option only when you no longer have any hope of finding your cell phone or your phone battery is running low, and you may not be able to call it again.
- Track your smart mobile with other apps. It's not always the case that you are looking for your cell phone. You may want to know the current location of family or friends. The critical point is that no software can locate your friends unless they have already installed these applications on their smartphone to share their location. - Track your iPhone via an android. If you go to the iCloud page with an Android phone to find the current location of the iPhone, you will get the message: "This website does not currently support your browser." This is how Apple deals with Android users, but you can access the website and page by clicking on the menu icon and tapping the Request desktop site option in the drop-down list.
By logging in to your iCloud account, you can see the current location of the iPhone on the map, remember that to use this service, GPS must be enabled on the iPhone, and the Find My iPhone option must be enabled too; the choice of this option has caused many iPhone owners to find their phone this way over the years.
Is it possible to track the mobile off?
It is not possible to track the phone off, but there are ways to track it without your knowledge. Many people always keep their phone's GPS turned off to avoid being followed by others. But the important point is that mobile phones can be tracked without GPS on or even when the phone is off.
How is it possible to track an off phone? It doesn't matter if your phone is iOS, Android, or any other operating system. The important thing is that there is always a second operating system running in the background, and no one can see it. This operating system is related to the mobile modem component. It is responsible for providing mobile communication with the SIM card telecommunications operator. Suppose you put the mobile in airplane mode. In that case, this additional operating system is still active in the background, and the only difference is that the SIM card signals are not sent to the phone, which is why incoming calls and messages are not received in this mode. But this does not mean that the modem operating system is turned off, and it is still possible to track the cell phone.
Is it possible to track the phone when the SIM card is removed?
You may think that if you take out your SIM card, it will no longer be possible to track your phone. This is a complete mistake because removing the SIM card means sending different information in different ways from the phone. So it is still possible to track your mobile.
You may say, "Well, I'll turn off the mobile so it doesn't send any more information," but you are still wrong. What if your phone was infected with a virus called PowerOffHijack?! PowerOffHijack is activated when you touch the power button on your phone. This malware shows you an unrealistic animation that the phone is turning off. But in fact, the phone is still on and is sending information to its administrators and hackers.
But what is the solution for unable mobile tracking?
The only solution seems to be to cut off the phone's power supply or remove the battery. Because no system can work when the power goes out. But there is still another energy source in the mobile for things like keeping the mobile clock on and things like that. So you can never say that the mobile can not be tracked.
If you want to find your stolen or lost mobile, you can use mentioned methods in this article which are just some practical and suggested methods, and there would be another method as well. If your mobile lacks a SIM card, you will find it by getting some help from an expert. But your mobile is off, and also you have not signed your Gmail in, you can find your device having its information written on its box or ID card.Website SEO analysis services