How to create and add audio, and video files to WordPress?
17 minute(s) read
Published on: Jul 25, 2021
Updated on: Nov 25, 2021
WordPress provides various features for its users and many users from all over the world prefer to use it, there are many reasons for this interest, among all of which we can easily mention the simplicity of working with this system and website, which has caused a massive increase in the interest of different users.
Users use it frequently and view other people's posts in it or publish their own content, in the articles on our site you can see how to create a new post in WordPress, but in this article we are going to discuss how you can create audio, video and video files to WordPress and how to categorize posts.
Before we get into the main topic, we need to give a brief explanation of WordPress definition.
What is WordPress?
Simply put, it is an open-source content system that is available to different users for free, and they can use it to launch both personal and commercial website and as we have mentioned above, this system is an open-source system which means that site owners can use it in order to gain access to its source code in order to view and modify it.
You may be wondering what is the reason for the popularity of WordPress, which you can read this reason in more detail in various articles on our site, but we are going to deal with it briefly in this article as well.
What is the reason for WordPress popularity?
There are many reasons for its popularity, some of which are going to be mentioned below.
One of the issues that is very important for the owners of different sites is to be able to get a high ranking in Google search engine , which WordPress provides this success to some extent, due to the fact that search engines usually gives higher ranking to sites that have used WordPress compared to the sites that do not use it to manage the content of their site and launch it without the help of it because it is easier to crawl search engine robots to analyze the site within the CMS.
- There are various plugins in this system that make it possible for you to use it in order to create large sites and also to design small sites , which is also one of the several reasons for the importance of this system.
- Another reason for the great popularity of it, is that it is very easy to work with, and it is possible for anyone to easily learn how to work with it.
- WordPress has a high level of security because due to the great popularity of it among Internet users and its widespread use by them, hackers are also interested in this system, so the lack of high security in it can be very dangerous for users, as a result, due to possible risks its owners try to update it regularly in order to avoid those risks.
- With the help of this system, you can easily design a site that is compatible to run on different devices, and users can use each device in order to gain a good user experience of using your site and application.
- As we mentioned before, the owners of this system provide updated versions regularly, the positive point is that you can do the update process with just a few clicks, and working with this system doesn’t require a lot of expertise.
- It has definitely occurred to you that when you are working with a system and a program, you encounter problems and no matter how much you search for answers to your questions on the Internet, you cannot find a helpful answer, and eventually, you cannot work with that system anymore, but this is not the case with WordPress because if you encounter any problems, you can find the answers to your questions with just a simple internet search.
- When we see a successful person using a tool that has contributed to his/her success, we think that by using that tool, we will also take a step towards success too, if you take a close look, you will find out that large companies use WordPress in order to achieve their main goal , so certainly it is a reliable and good system that such companies prefer to use it.
- Another important point about this system is that in addition to the possibility of finding the answers to your questions on the Internet, it has a strong support team that will answer your questions 24 hours a day.
- Another reason that has caused this system to have many fans who prefer to use it, is that by taking some steps, a site can be turned into an online store, and you can earn money from it.
- Owners of different sites do their best to be able to do anything to increase the number of users who visit their site , one of the measures that has a great impact on attracting different users, is to make an attractive design for your site and application, which is easily possible thanks to WordPress.
- The other reason why different users are so interested in this system is that it allows you to post and publish your content without worries if you do not have access to your internet and your website.
- In order to attract as many users as possible, you need to share the valid documents which are related to your business on the site, it has made it possible for you to add your documents wherever you want from the site.
- This system is being updated regularly with the help of open-source programming and innovative developers, and you will see significant improvements in it with each update, which is why it never lags behind other content management systems.
How to create and add audio in WordPress?
One of the things that can add to the content’s attractiveness is adding audio to it which also make it possible for users to have a better understanding of a piece of content, if you want to add this file to the WordPress site , it is enough to do the following.
The first step is to know what audio file formats are supported in WordPress, in fact the HTML5 audio tag supports MP3, OGG and WAV formats.
As you can see, various formats are supported by this site, which should be noted that the MP3 format is more common than other ones for audio files and has more applications.
Adding audio files to the relevant site and post is very simple, and you need to click on the “add media” button on the post edit screen, after you have completed the previous step, it is time to click on “Upload Files” and then click on the “Select Files” button.
Then select the audio file you want to upload and click on “Open”.
Audio from your computer is uploaded to your web server, and the “Insert Media” window selects your uploaded audio and shows it ready to edit.
After completing these steps, all you need to do is type a title for the file in the Title text box, a caption in the Caption text box, and a description in the Description text box.
In addition to these items that you can select from the details section, in this section you can select the “Link To option”.
In the last step, you must click on the “Insert into Post” button.
The important thing to note about WordPress is that it does not automatically include an audio player interface for playing your file, but it is possible to put a link in it so that users can listen to the audio file if they wish by clicking on it and use the content you have placed.
In addition, as you know, there are various plugins in order to work more easily with it, and also there are great plugins for managing audio files that you can use to manage these files in your posts.
In addition to inserting the audio file, it is also possible to add the Audio Playlist in this system.
Through the add media button, it is possible to add image galleries, add a list of audio files you want, so that users who are viewing your post, can play a number of relevant audio files simultaneously and by clicking on a button.
After uploading your audio files, you need to select the files you want to put in the playlist and then click on the creating playlist link on the left column.
It is also possible for you to put information in different tags such as song name, artist name, etc., so that people can easily get additional information from the files you have placed.
To be able to add the list you created to your desired post, you just need to click on the “insert audio playlist” button.
After doing this, your post is now ready to be published.
How to insert video files into your WordPress?
Another thing that can have a considerable impact on attracting different users is adding different videos to the posts, which to do this you need to do the following.
The first step you need to take in order to reach your goal is to sign in to your WordPress.com account .
Once you have logged in to your account, you need to click on “Add New” in the post menu.
You can easily see the “Add Video” icon after completing the previous steps, which you need to click on, and then click on the “From URL” tab and insert the URL of the video which you want to post.
If you want to publish a video which is from other sources, all you need to do is to copy its direct link from the site where you selected the video, and past the address which you have copied to the location of the URLs that have been mentioned above.
Now click the “Insert into Post” button, the interesting thing is that WordPress inserts a piece of code called a "short code" that looks like the example which is mentioned below:
[Youtube = http: //www.youtube.com/watch? V = cXXm696UbKY]
That short code tells WordPress to embed the video within your post so that your readers can play, watch and listen to the video directly on your WordPress blog.
Here's how to add a video to your WordPress posts from the videos which exist in Web, but you may want to select a video from your PC, in order to do this, you need to log in to WordPress.com, as in the previous step, and click the “Add New link” from the Posts menu.
You need to click on the “Add Video” icon and in the next step, you have to click on the “Select Files to Upload” button.
After completing the previous steps in this section, a box will be opened for you that you need to select the file that you want to publish, from your PC and click on it.
Following the path allows you to add various options to your file that you can type a title for the file in the Title text box, and a caption for the file in the Caption text box, and a description of the file in the Description text box.
In the next step, you need to click on the “File URL” button and click on “Insert into Post”, and then you can easily add the video you want to your post on your WordPress site from your PC, so that users who view your post can take its advantage and gain a positive user experience while using it.
How to categorize posts in WordPress?
For doing this, you can use WordPress Categories , which is a very good way to organize your different types of posts, and finally, you can enable the hierarchical order of your posts.
WordPress Categories allows you to choose how your posts should be displayed, it is also important to note that a post can be placed in more than one category.
In order to be able to categorize different posts, you just need to go to the post option and select Categories.
By clicking on “Categories” you can see a page and on the left side of which, you will see a tab that allows you to create categories, fill in the category name, its slug (will be used in the category URLs), the category description and then click on “Add New Category”, for the purpose of this tutorial, we will make a new category named Family posts.
By doing this, a new category has been created in your WordPress so far, now let's create a subset of Family posts, one of which is called Nephews, fill in the name in the way that you did for the first group, but this time select Family posts as parents for the new group, then press “Save New Category” again in order to save the new subgroup.
As you can see, this is easy for you to do, but you may want to try changing category order in WordPress, which is also easy to do, as we are going to mention below.
Changing category order in WordPress:
To do this, the first step you need to do is to install and activate the Category Order plugin, to be able to install different plugins in this system, you need to do the following steps.
- First you have to enter the WordPress site and select the Plugins option and then click on “Add New”.
If you follow the previous steps, you will be presented with a page that you need to search for the name of the plugin you want to add to your WordPress.
Once you have found the plugin you want, it is time to click the “Install Now” button to start installing the plugin you want.
Once you have installed the plugin, it is time to activate it, and in order to activate the plugin which you have installed, just click on the activate button to use that plugin on your WordPress site.
After you have installed the Category Order plugin as described, it's time to simply head over to Posts Taxonomy Order page to rearrange your WordPress category order, in the Taxonomy Order section that you have entered, you can simply drag the category you want to move up or down and drop it in the desired location to reset the order of the categories.
If you use child categories, transferring parent categories will also transfer child categories as well.
Once you have made the changes you want to make in the category, it is time to click the “Update” button to apply the changes you have made.
The point that may be interesting to you is that there is a difference between Categories and Tags in WordPress posts, which we are going to briefly discuss in the following section.
Posts Categories vs. Tags:
These two are very similar, but there are some differences between them, which are as follows:
- If you want to group topics extensively, it is good to use categories to do this, for example, if you are creating a site that browses the media, you may want to use categories like books or movies or TV.
- Tags are being used for much more specific topics which you may use them in order to link to related content, for example, if you create a site that browses the media, you may want to use tags such as science fiction or horror or action adventure.
In general, there are various items in the WordPress system that you need to study in order to master it, in this article, we have examined various topics such as the way to create and add audio, video and video files to WordPress and the way to categorize posts all of which are of a great importance for people who are working with this system, as a result, it is necessary for users who are into working with it to know the mentioned points and tips because it can help them make their content more attractive by adding video and audio to it which causes an increase in traffic to their website as well as an increase in the ranking of it , due to the fact that more users will be attracted to a content which contains videos so that it is better to add them to your content, we hope this article can be useful for you, and you can make take its advantage.Click to analyze your wesbite SEO