How to create and add audio, and video files to WordPress?
16 minute(s) read
Published on: Jul 25, 2021
Updated on: Dec 14, 2021
WordPress provides various features for its users, and many users from all over the world prefer to use it. There are many reasons for this interest. We can quickly mention the simplicity of working with this system and website, which has caused a massive increase in the interest of different users.
Users use it frequently and view other people's posts or publish their content. In the articles on our site, you can see how to create a new position in WordPress, but in this article, we will discuss how you can create audio, video, and video files to WordPress and categorize posts.
Before we get into the main topic, we need to explain the WordPress definition briefly.
What is WordPress?
Simply put, it is an open-source content system that is available to different users for free, and they can use it to launch both personal and commercial websites. And as we have mentioned above, this system is an open-source system, which means that site owners can use it to gain access to its source code to view and modify it.
You may be wondering the reason for the popularity of WordPress, which. You can read this reason in more detail in various articles on our site, but we will deal with it briefly in this article as well.
What is the reason for its popularity?
There are many reasons for its popularity, some of which will be mentioned below.
One of the issues that are very important for the owners of different sites is to be able to get a high ranking in Google search engine, which WordPress provides this success to some extent. After all, search engines usually give higher ranking to sites that have used WordPress compared to the sites that do not use it to manage the content of their site and launch it without the help of it because it is easier to crawl search engine robots to analyze the site within the CMS.
- There are various plugins in this system that make it possible for you to use it in order to create large sites and also to design small sites, which is also one of the several reasons for the importance of this system.
- Another reason for its great popularity is that it is straightforward to work with, and anyone can learn how to work with it easily.
- WordPress has a high level of security because due to its great popularity of it among Internet users and its widespread use by them, hackers are also interested in this system, so the lack of high security in it can be hazardous for users, as a result, due to possible risks its owners try to update it regularly to avoid those risks.
- With the help of this system, you can easily design a site that is compatible to run on different devices, and users can use each device in order to gain a good user experience of using your site and application.
- As we mentioned before, the owners of this system provide updated versions regularly. The positive point is that you can do the update process with just a few clicks, and working with this system doesn't require a lot of expertise.
- It has occurred to you that when you are working with a system and a program, you encounter problems, and no matter how much you search for answers to your questions on the Internet, you cannot find a helpful answer, and eventually, you cannot work with that system anymore, but this is not the case with WordPress because if you encounter any problems, you can find the answers to your questions with just a simple internet search.
- When we see a successful person using a tool that has contributed to their success, we think that by using that tool, we will take a step towards success too. If you take a close look, you will find out that large companies use WordPress to achieve their primary goal, so indeed, it is a reliable and sound system that such companies prefer to use.
- Another important point about this system is that in addition to the possibility of finding the answers to your questions on the Internet, it has a strong support team that will answer your questions 24 hours a day.
- Another reason that has caused this system to have many fans who prefer to use it is that by taking some steps, a site can be turned into an online store, and you can earn money from it.
- Owners of different sites do their best to do anything to increase the number of users who visit their site. One of the measures that significantly impact attracting other users is to make an attractive design for your site and application, which is easily possible thanks to WordPress.
- The other reason different users are so interested in this system is that it allows you to post and publish your content without worries if you do not have access to your Internet and your website.
- In order to attract as many users as possible, you need to share valid documents which are related to your business on the site. It has made it possible for you to add your documents wherever you want from the site.
- This system is being updated regularly with the help of open-source programming and innovative developers, and you will see significant improvements in it with each update, which is why it never lags behind other content management systems.
How to create and add audio to it?
One of the things that can add to the content's attractiveness is adding audio, making it possible for users to understand a piece of content better. If you want to add this file to the WordPress site, it is enough to do the following.
The first step is to know what audio file formats are supported in WordPress. The HTML5 audio tag supports MP3, OGG, and WAV formats.
As you can see, various formats are supported by this site, which should be noted that the MP3 format is more common than other ones for audio files and has more applications.
Adding audio files to the relevant site and post is very simple, and you need to click on the "add media" button on the post edit screen. After completing the previous step, it is time to click on "Upload Files" and then click on the "Select Files" button.
Then select the audio file you want to upload and click on "Open."
Audio from your computer is uploaded to your web server, and the "Insert Media" window selects your uploaded audio and shows it ready to edit.
After completing these steps, you need to type a title for the file in the Title text box, a caption in the Caption text box, and a description in the Description text box.
In addition to these items that you can select from the details section, you can choose the "Link To option" in this section.
In the last step, you must click on the "Insert into Post" button.
The critical thing to note about WordPress is that it does not automatically include an audio player interface for playing your file. Still, it is possible to put a link in it to listen to the audio file if they wish by clicking on it and using the content you have placed.
In addition, as you know, there are various plugins to work more efficiently with it, and there are also great plugins for managing audio files that you can use to manage these files in your posts.
In addition to inserting the audio file, it is also possible to add the Audio Playlist in this system.
The add media button makes it possible to add image galleries and a list of audio files you want so that users viewing your post can play several relevant audio files simultaneously and by clicking on a button.
After uploading your audio files, you need to select the files you want to put in the playlist and click on the creating playlist link on the left column.
It is also possible for you to put information in different tags such as song name, artist name, etc., so that people can quickly get additional information from the files you have placed.
To add the list you created to your desired post. You need to click on the "insert audio playlist" button.
After doing this, your post is now ready to be published.
How to insert video files into your content system?
Another thing that can have a considerable impact on attracting different users is adding other videos to the posts. To do this, you need to do the following.
The first step you need to take to reach your goal is to sign in to your WordPress.com account.
Once you have logged in to your account, you need to click on "Add New" in the post menu.
You can easily see the "Add Video" icon after completing the previous steps, which you need to click on, and then click on the "From URL" tab and insert the URL of the video you want to post.
If you want to publish a video from other sources, all you need to do is copy its direct link from the site where you selected the video and past the address, you have copied to the location of the URLs that have been mentioned above.
Now click the "Insert into Post" button. The exciting thing is that WordPress inserts a piece of code called a "shortcode" that looks like the example which is mentioned below:
[Youtube = http: //www.youtube.com/watch? V = cXXm696UbKY]
That shortcode tells WordPress to embed the video within your post so that your readers can play, watch and listen to the video directly on your WordPress blog.
Here's how to add a video to your WordPress posts from the videos on the Web, but you may want to select a video from your PC. To do this, you need to log in to WordPress.com, as in the previous step, and click the "Add New link" from the Posts menu.
You need to click on the "Add Video" icon, and in the next step, you have to click on the "Select Files to Upload" button.
After completing the previous steps in this section, a box will be opened for you to select the file you want to publish from your PC and click on it.
Following the path allows you to add various options to your file that you can type a title for the file in the Title text box, a caption for the file in the Caption text box, and a description of the file in the Description text box.
In the next step, you need to click on the "File URL" button and click on "Insert into Post", and then you can easily add the video you want to your post on your WordPress site from your PC so that users who view your post can take its advantage and gain a positive user experience while using it.
How to categorize posts in it?
For doing this, you can use WordPress Categories, which is an excellent way to organize your different types of posts. Finally, you can enable the hierarchical order of your posts.
WordPress Categories allow you to choose how your posts should be displayed. It is also important to note that a post can be placed in more than one category.
To categorize different posts, you need to go to the post option and select Categories.
By clicking on "Categories," you can see a page and on the left side of which, you will see a tab that allows you to create categories, fill in the category name, its slug (will be used in the category URLs), the category description and then click on "Add New Category," for this tutorial, we will make a new category named Family posts.
By doing this, a new category has been created in your WordPress so far, now. Let's make a subset of Family posts, one of which is called Nephews. Fill in the name in the way you did for the first group, but this time select Family posts as parents for the new group, then press "Save New Category" again to save the new subgroup.
As you can see, this is easy for you to do, but you may want to try changing category order in WordPress, which is also easy to do, as we will mention below.
Changing category order in WordPress:
The first step you need to do is to install and activate the Category Order plugin. To install different plugins in this system, you need to do the following steps.
- First you have to enter the WordPress site and select the Plugins option and then click on "Add New".
If you follow the previous steps, you will be presented with a page to search for the name of the plugin you want to add to your WordPress.
Once you have found the plugin you want, it is time to click the "Install Now" button to start installing the plugin you want.
Once you have installed the plugin, it is time to activate it and to activate the plugin you have installed, click on the activate button to use that plugin on your WordPress site.
After installing the Category Order plugin as described, it's time to head over to the Posts Taxonomy Order page to rearrange your WordPress category order. In the Taxonomy Order section that you have entered, you can drag the category you want to move up or down and drop it in the desired location to reset the order of the types.
If you use child categories, transferring parent categories will also transfer child categories.
Once you have made the changes you want to complete in the category, it is time to click the "Update" button to apply the changes you have made.
The point that may be interesting to you is that there is a difference between Categories and Tags in WordPress posts, which we will discuss in the following section briefly.
Posts Categories vs. Tags:
These two are very similar, but there are some differences between them, which are as follows:
- If you want to group topics extensively, it is good to use categories to do this. For example, if you create a site that browses the media, you may want to use categories like books, movies, or TV.
- Tags are being used for much more specific topics, which you may use to link to related content. For example, if you create a site that browses the media, you may use tags such as science fiction, horror, or action-adventure.
In general, there are various items in the WordPress system that you need to study to master. In this article, we have examined multiple topics such as the way to create and add audio, video, and video files to WordPress and categorize posts, all of which are of great importance for people working with this system; as a result. It is necessary for users working with it to know the mentioned points and tips because it can help them make their content more attractive by adding video and audio to it. This causes an increase in traffic to their website and an increase in its ranking since more users will be attracted to the content. Which contains videos so that it is better to add them to your content, we hope this article can be helpful for you, and you can make take its advantage.Click to analyze your wesbite SEO