How to install WordPress using Softaculous and manually
16 minute(s) read
Published on: Jul 27, 2021
Updated on: Dec 14, 2021
Website design is a topic that has many fans people and many people prefer to be active in this field, each of which may use different tools to do their tasks. One of these very common tools among different designers is WordPress, which many different designers use, and this popularity is reasonable. There are lots of them, some of which will be summarized in the following, and we will explain why you need to learn the way to install it completely.
What is WordPress?
In general, it is considered an open-source content system that is available to various users for free, and it can be used to launch a personal and commercial website. As mentioned above, this system is a kind of open-source system. It means that site owners can get help from it and access its source code if they want to view and modify it.
What is the reason for its popularity?
- It is popular for many reasons, some of the important ones are going to be mentioned in the following section, one of the issues that are of great importance for the owners of different sites is to be able to get a high ranking in Google search engine, which WordPress provides this opportunity to some extent, and search engines prefer websites that have used WordPress compared to the ones that have not used it to manage the content of their site and launch it because it is easier to crawl search engine robots to analyze the site within the CMS so that using this system can help you be successful as soon as possible.
- There are various plugins in this system that make it possible for you to use it to create large sites, and you can also design small sites with the help of it, which is also one of the several reasons for the importance of this system.
- Another reason for its popularity is that it is very easy to use, and anyone can learn how to work with it so easily.
- WordPress has a high level of security. Due to its great popularity of it among Internet users and its widespread use by them, hackers are also interested in this system, so the lack of high security in it can be very dangerous as well as insecure so that because of the possible risks, WordPress employees prefer to update regularly to avoid their system from being hacked by profiteers and prevent the possible risks from happening.
- With the help of this system, you can easily design a site that is compatible to run on different devices. Users can use any device to gain a good experience from your site and application, which is considered an important positive point because there is no need for a specific type of device to use your site or application to be much easier for users. As a result, they will prefer to use your site, and as you know, when you can make a user satisfied, they may share this good experience with their family and friends, so that the traffic to your website will increase as well ranking of it.
- As we have mentioned before, the owners of this system provide updated versions regularly, and the positive point in this part is that you can do the update with just a few clicks. You can also take advantage of the new version, which is better and faster.
Working with this system doesn't require a lot of expertise, which is considered an advantage for this system because many people have little knowledge in this field. However, they are still interested in using this system to easily take advantage of it because it is not complicated, and it is suitable for everyone.
It has occurred to you that you encounter problems when you work with a system or a program. No matter how much you search for answers to your questions on the Internet, you cannot find an answer for it. Eventually, you cannot work with that system anymore, but this is not the case with WordPress because if you encounter any problems, you can find the answers to your questions with just a simple internet search.
- When you see a successful person using a tool that has contributed to his/her success, you think that by using that tool, you will also take a step towards success too. If you look closely, you will find out that large companies prefer to use this system to achieve their goal, so this system is certainly reliable and powerful because such companies prefer it to other options.
- Another important point about this system is that in addition to the possibility of getting answers to your questions on the Internet, it has a strong support team that will also answer your questions 24 hours a day so that there would be no worries when you are working with this system. After all, if you cannot find the answer to your questions online, there is another way to solve the problem, which is considered an important advantage for this system because users can trust this system easily because of this feature.
- Another reason that has caused this system to have many enthusiasts is that by some activities, a site can be turned into an online store and earn money from it.
- The owners of various sites do their best to be able to do anything to increase the number of users who visit their site. One of the measures that have a great impact on attracting users is to make an attractive design for your site and application. This factor is as important as high-quality content because a good design can attract lots of users to your website and make them choose your website among lots of other options, which is considered as a great success, which can be made possible with the help of WordPress.
- Another reason that has caused different users to be very interested in this system is that it allows you to publish posts and content without a need to have access to the Internet and your site to do your tasks with no worries.
To attract as many users as possible, you need to share valid documents related to your business on the site. WordPress has made it possible to add your documents wherever you want from the site.
- This system is regularly updated with the help of open-source programming and innovative developers. You will see significant improvements in it with each update, which is why it will never lag behind other content management systems.
Install by using Softaculous:
In general, to install WordPress by using Softaculous, you need to follow four steps carefully.
- Login to your control panel:
In the first step, you need to enter the control panel, and in that section, enter all the details needed to log in, and you need to look for the Softaculous icon, then you should click on this icon, which make you reach the Softaculous enduser panel.
Search WordPress from the Softaculous enduser panel, and after finding it, you can install it with just one click.
- Fill out the installation form:
After performing the previous steps, you will see a form that needs to be filled in. In this form, several details that need to be filled in are being written by default, which you have to change according to your information.
Here are some questions you may be asked.
• Choose Installation URL:
This section needs to select the desired domain and folder to install WordPress.
• Admin Username:
One of the details that you must enter carefully is the username.
• Admin Password:
To register, it is necessary to enter the password you want in all systems. You need to be careful while choosing the password because you have to choose something that others cannot easily access your information. Also, pay attention to the point that your password must contain uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, symbols, etc. As a result, hackers cannot easily infiltrate your system, and you should also pay attention to the point that you should always try to remember your password and never forget it.
• Admin Email:
Enter your email so that in all cases where WordPress may need to communicate with you, it can do so with the help of this part.
• Select Language:
Another thing you need to select in the list is the language, which will eventually be changed according to your choice of system language.
Once you have entered all the information in the list, it is time to click on the Install button to start the installation.
- Installation Completed:
After the program is successfully installed, you will see a message indicating that you have successfully installed it, and finally, you can access the WordPress admin panel.
How to Install Manually:
To install WordPress manually, you need to do six steps, which we will discuss separately.
Download the WordPress package via https://wordpress.org/download/.
- Upload to Hosting Account:
To load WordPress into a hosting account, you can use one of the following three options.
• Upload via FTP
• Upload via File Manager
• Upload via SSH
- Create MySQL Database and User:
As you know, WordPress information needs to be stored in a database, so you need to create a database. To achieve this goal, you need to take the following steps.
Log in to cPanel
Look for the Databases section, then click the MySQL Database Wizard icon.
Create A Database, enter the database name, and click Next Step.
Create Database Users, enter the database username and password, and click Create User.
Add User to the DatabaseDatabase, click the All Privileges checkbox and click Next Step.
Complete the task, make a note of the database name, username, and password
- Configure wp-config.php:
As you know, the wp-config-sample.php file contains database information, and you need to follow the steps to transfer the information from the DatabaseDatabase correctly to WordPress.
- Run the Installation:
To run the installation script, you have to open a new browser window and enter your domain. Depending on where you installed the script, you will be automatically redirected to one of the following URLs.
If you uploaded to the domain's root folder, you should be redirected to:
If you uploaded WordPress to a subfolder of your domain's directory, then the URL will be this format:
- Complete the Installation:
Once you have access to your correct WordPress URL in a browser, you need to fill in forms that can help you along the way to work with this system.
We have explained the details you need to import in the installation using Softaculous. To be able to increase your knowledge in the field of WordPress, we are going to explain the top 6 SEO and WordPress plugins to you briefly:
1- Yoast SEO:
Yoast SEO is one of the most popular SEO WordPress plugins, which has the highest number of installations among other plugins, so it is so popular among users. In addition, this plugin provides many features for the consumer, which causes lots of users to be attracted to it.
This plugin is responsible for editing items such as page titles and meta descriptions creating sitemaps and URL settings. It has lots of other features, including the ability to create advanced XML sitemaps, and also, the sitemap of this plugin can be connected to the Webmaster Bing console.
This plugin has two versions, free and paid. As you know, the paid version of this plugin provides more features for users, including internal link suggestions, content insight, and navigation manager.
SEOPress is one of the top plugins where no ads are being displayed while using it. This plugin has two free and paid versions that allow you to fully optimize your website with its help.
The following can be done through this plugin:
- Build XML and HTML sitemaps
- Redirect management
- Content analysis based on keywords
- Optimization of Open Graph and Twitter
Cards meta tags
- Image optimization
- Support for "Noindex"
- Free SEO training
The paid version of this plugin provides you with more features to choose one of these versions according to your needs and goals.
3- All in One SEO:
One of the most popular WordPress plugins is the All in One SEO plugin. This plugin also has two free and paid versions, including the most comprehensive plugin and SEO WordPress toolbox. It also provides many features for you, including the following:
- Build XML sitemap and register it in Google and Bing search console
- Analyze site content and help optimize the page for unlimited keywords
- Analyze competitor SEO
- Advanced SEO Canonical URLs
- Help get links for your brand
- Creating local SEO for local activities
- Smart Meta Title & Description
4- Smush - Lazy Load Images, Optimize & Compress Images:
Due to the importance of image loading speed and the effect that image optimization has in this regard, this plugin has gained popularity among users.
Through this plugin, images can be optimized. By defining the maximum length and width of photos, you can change the size of large images without reducing their quality so that they will be displayed on the site pages with high quality.
In general, this plugin provides many features, including the following:
- Compress images without loss of quality
- Compress up to 50 images with one click
- Processes all PNG, JPEG, and GIF files for optimal results
- This plugin compresses all site images, including those on CDNs
5- Broken Link Checker:
Broken Link Checker plugin examines broken links on the site. This plugin controls all links, including internal and external links on pages, comments, etc., and warns you if a link does not work. This alert may be through the site control panel or email.
In general, the following are some of the features that this plugin provides:
- Edit URL
- Removes the link but leaves the link text intact
- This plugin prevents invalid links from being followed by search engines
6- SEO Ultimate:
This plugin has many capabilities for internal SEO of the website, which is very popular among users only problem with this plugin is its lack of support in the WordPress community, which requires a premium version to receive email support. We are going to mention some of the features that this plugin provides for users in the following section:
- Rewrite the title tag
- Meta description editor
- Deeplink Juggernaut
- Open Graph Integrator
- Rich Snippet Creator
- Author Highlighter
- SEO Ultimate Widgets
- Sharing Facilitator
- Code Inserter
In general, WordPress has many fans among users as well as programmers, and they prefer to use it because of the features that it provides for them, and as we explained in this article, there are lots of reasons for the popularity of WordPress, some of which we have mentioned above, such as the ease of working with this system, the ability to increase the site ranking, etc., the impact that it has on site ranking is because of the preference of Google, it prefers to give higher ranking to websites which use this system compared to the ones which doesn't use this system, so that if you use WordPress you can get high ranking in search result as soon as possible, so that now you realize the importance of working with this system, finally in order to work with this system, in the first step, it is necessary to install it, in this article, we have told you the way to install this system by using Softaculous and manually, we hope will be useful for you, and you can achieve your goals with the help of mentioned points, and you can also gain a positive user experience from using our website.Click to analyze your wesbite SEO