What is Keyword Mapping?
8 minute(s) read
Jan 26, 2021
Website optimization is one of the most important goals that all website designers try to do it as perfect as possible in order to increase the website ranking. The use of keywords is one of the important factors of website optimizing in the Google search engine results. We try to explain Keyword Mapping in an understandable way.
Keyword Mapping is one of the most important aspects of search engine optimization that allows search engines to monitor the page rank based on user search, in fact the process of assigning keywords related to different pages of the website is based on detailed keyword research and keyword ranking. In other words, it is a detailed map of keywords that is very important for search engines and provides the ability for search engines to find the exact link between each page based on the user's search and analyze those links.
One of the most important steps in creating keyword mapping is to choose keywords and do thorough research on it, which may be need different tools in this way and has different methods.
Steps to create Keyword Mapping:
The first step of creating a proper Keyword Mapping, is to make a proper ranking in the keyword list, even if we have already prepared a more or less accurate list of keywords.
You can use Rank Checker & Rank Tracker, to do this task. First, open Rank Tracker and go to Keyword Research> Ranking Keywords, then enter your URL and see what searches bring users to your web pages. Rank Checker is a tool that searches for keywords to rank and review domains, subdomains, social media profiles such as Facebook , Twitter and LinkedIn in several search engines such as Google, Yandex, Bing, Yahoo, Seznam. Ranking can be done for both desktop and mobile devices, for everyone around the word with different types of language varieties.
You need to know the goal of users for the keywords research.
Now, you need to know the content of those keywords to be more successful in choosing them carefully.
Don't forget to categorize keywords and find the most relevant words and put them in a category.
After all these steps, it's time to create Keyword Mapping.
When you create Keyword Mapping , take another look at your keyword research. Do not give up until you have done a great job with keywords and related pages.
- Check the website traffic gained by keywords so that you can select the best ones and eventually get lots of views.
- Long-tail keywords (LONG-TAIL) are more suitable for attracting users, especially when the website is newly created, using this type of keywords can help you get high traffic, and they are so convenient.
Long tail keywords are easier to find because they contain more information.
The keywords chosen should be relevant to the content of the website in order to provide the best performance for the website. In other words, by creating relevant content and creating appropriate internal links, you can get on top google ranking, it is hard to achieve but possible, to achieve this goal you must make sure that you pay close attention to the relevance between the keywords and the content.
- Another point to consider is the usefulness of the content so that the keywords that are relevant to the content and attract the user to the website, should be also able to answer users’ questions and increase the amount of time that they spend on the website and increase user interactions.
- Another way is to browse competitors' websites that help you understand which keywords to target on your website. Tools like Ahrefs or Moz can be used to achieve this goal.
What is Ahrefs?
tool provide a lot of possibilities for
, including the Keyword Research tool, which is one of the most suitable tools available for finding keywords.
The other Ahrefs tools are as follows:
- Competitive Analysis tool
- Backlink Research tool
- Content Research tool
- Rank Tracking tool
- Web Monitoring tool
What is Moz?
MOZ, or more precisely
SEO toolbar, started the work with a weblog and an online association in 2004. The founders of this association were Rand Fishkin and Gillian Muessig.
One of the uses of this tool is that it helps you to understand the keywords better, which your website users use to find your products or services.
According to the results of keyword explorer as well as the difficulty of the keyword, the number of users' clicks on the keyword (CTR) and the importance of the word, we must prioritize the keywords correctly.
Check keyword rankings:
The keyword search volume is very important; you should monitor this volume regularly. One of the practical ways to not neglect the ranking of keywords, is to rank your keywords base on ascending or descending search volume.
You should also be careful when reviewing keywords not to delete keywords that have a high search volume and do not replace them with words that have a low search volume, because this will cause serious damage to your website and can significantly reduce the ranking of your website.
Why is keyword mapping important?
Keyword mapping gives direction to your content marketing. Once you know the goals of your users and know what people are looking for and how relevant it is to the service that you offer them, you can create a content which meets the needs of users on an ongoing basis. Instead of just owning a website that only cares about its ad and its own profit, your website will be a useful resource that people refer to, and even share it with their friends.
A keyword mapping allows you to know your current position in the market, when you have complete research and information about all the keywords, then you have the opportunity of getting a high website ranking which can develop your business and attract users.
If it is difficult for you as a business owner to create keyword mapping, you can get help from an inbound marketing agency, that will help you identify your goal of creating the website, it creates a keyword mapping and a regular and executable program to achieve users in a short while.
Keyword mapping helps you understand how your website pages look from a search engine perspective and helps you find better opportunities to reach your target user more effectively.
Due to the daily progress of the world as well as various programs, you should constantly update keyword mapping, and by changing the existing general priorities. You should always update your map so that you can properly reflect the real priorities of users.
The important point for you as a website owner is to get a high ranking and by constantly reviewing your keywords, and maintain your website ranking and make changes in a short while.
General applications of keyword mapping:
- With the help of keyword mapping, you can prioritize more accurate words and the website performance will increase.
- It causes the better optimization of the website because, by knowing the priorities and observing all the data analysis on a page, including related pages and keywords, SEO statistics and etc., you can make changes in your planning and make the website better, so that you can provide a better user experience.
- It helps you to set a goal for optimizing a website, and pay more attention to the content of the website and optimize it.
- By knowing the keywords in general, it is possible for you to avoid duplication and production of similar pages and to create a regular connection between the pages of the website.
- You can create a good internal link that has a lot of impact and create a special link between related pages.
- By using this map, you can manage the website as best you can, because it is very difficult to memorize which keyword is used or not used on the website, but keyword mapping gives you this opportunity.
In general, having all the key information on a page is a very powerful and valuable tool that can be used to help website optimization and managing it.Website SEO analysis services