Getting started with Xamarin.Forms
3 minute(s) read
Published on: Oct 12, 2020
Updated on: Dec 14, 2021
We know that Xamarin.Forms is used for developing a cross-platform app. We will guide you on how you can use this platform to develop a cross-platform app
We all know that Xamarin-Forms has eradicated all the cross-platform app development issues. Now, it has allowed us to use the code of any other platform on the Xamarin-Forms and enjoy developing apps. You can develop smooth working apps through this single platform. The thing is that app development can cost a lot of money when you have to work on different platforms to avail different features.
The main issue:
When talking about having a single platform for cross-platform, we know that app development in the Android platform includes the participation of Java, Apple needs the participation of Objective-c, or swift, Win phone platform needs the participation of .NET and C#. But, Xamarin. Forms allow you to use the code of different platforms in this single platform and develop the app in no time. Xamarin.Forms will help you develop cross-platform apps that will make your life easier.
Step by step guide for windows:
- The first thing first, you have to go to the settings>>files>>project. - There, you have to search for the "Xamarin" if you want to go for the other option. You can choose "mobile" in the project type menu. Then you have to choose Mobile App from project type. - The next step is to name your project.
- Further, you have to click on the new project and ensure that Android and iOS are selected already.
- You would have to wait until NuGet is restored.
- The next step is to get the Android emulator. For that, you have to hit the dropdown menu on the debug button, and there you have to select "create Android emulator.
- The next appearing screen will be the emulator creator screen, and the default settings are the best, and you have to go with it.
- On the next screen, you will be shifted to the device manager window, and then you have to click on the options to proceed.
- You will see the name of the new Android emulator in the debug button.
You have to click on the Debug button and deploy the application to the Android emulator.
By following these steps, you will quickly develop your first app using this Xamarin.Forms platform, and you won't have to use a different platform for your app development
Xamarin.Forms are the best platform that you can use to develop interactive apps for different platforms like Android and iOS. You don't have to switch the platform to develop apps for the different operating systems. Xamarin.Forms allow you to save your time while developing apps, for you can use the codes of any other platform in Xamarin. Forms will automatically make the necessary changes in the code for adjusting it with the platform and go with it. There is no need to use multiple platforms for app development. Go to Xamarin.Forms and enjoy using that platform to develop interactive and responsive apps quickly and efficiently.About our Android and iOS app development services