How to name an app: Find a perfect name for your app
8 minute(s) read
Published on: Aug 13, 2022
Updated on: Aug 15, 2022
Many developers think that choosing an excellent mobile app name is easy and does not take much time. But on the other hand, many people who specialize in this area believe that this is not always easy to find a proper name for your app. Fortunately, many free tools can help you choose an interesting and memorable for your product. In this article, we have prepared a set of tools related to this field for you, which can help you choose the application name and save your time. Basically, the operation of these tools is completely random. In this way, the algorithm of all of them is made in such a way that they consider the main data that you have given them and then provide a list of names that can be related to your information. Of course, these you receive are certainly not the final list, and you can receive more names with more details you give to these tools concerning your activities and services. You can continue doing this until you choose a good it for your application.
Mobile App Business Name Generator & Ideas
All you have to do is enter one or two words most relevant to your business and services in the form and click on the "Generate" button. In just a few seconds, you will get an impressive list of different combinations of these two words. You can save your favorite names by clicking on the phrase indicated by the tick mark next to the word.
To simplify the task of finding suitable options, you can apply the filters in the sidebar on the left:
The tool takes input consisting of one or three words you enter in the search field, then returns variants based on the thesaurus and combinations of the base word with prefixes and suffixes.
The output names this tool gives you are certainly not a meaningless collection of words and are an exciting combination of words that relate to your main idea. This tool is high-speed, creative, and completely free.
In this tool, the user only has to enter a word related to their business and services and wait for the device to work according to its algorithm.
This service also gives you exciting and unique features: it uses sounds and consonants in the noun suggestion, reverses the word, and adds interesting signs before or after the word. It also allows you to create names with one, two, three, four, or more characters to choose the application's it.
This tool is not free and provides you with paid service. In this tool, people with more expertise in this field will help you choose a suitable name for your application. On this site, after you register your request to choose an application according to your standards, they will present their ideas to you. You can automatically check the domain name availability and trademark status.
Finally, you can fully evaluate and check the suggested names according to your business. You can bring the suggested names closer to your opinion and taste by applying more details.
The Name App
This tool is one of the most useful tools in the field of providing naming services in this article because it also considers the marketing component. In addition to suggesting names to you, this tool can also check whether or not other people occupy names.
Just enter the desired word and press "Enter." According to your services, this tool automatically checks whether the domain name registration with the given word is available in the web space or not and whether you can create related pages in the main social networks.
Seven useful tips on how to choose a good it for a mobile application
Now that you have a list of online tools that will make it easy for you to choose an app , we recommend that you consider a few more suggestions:
1. A good application should be attractive and encourage the user to use it.
2. A good application should be short and easy to pronounce.
3. The clarity of the application when pronouncing it is a very important point. Pronounce the chosen name out loud and see if all the letters are audible.
4. You can display popular searches related to the application's topic in your application's name.
5. You can refer to the function of the application in the name of your application. The mobile App's main purpose should be clear before choosing its name.
6. Be sure to check if your chosen name is available. It doesn't make sense to spend hours choosing and developing a name and then find out that someone else has already trademarked it.
7. Do not rush to choose the name of your application. It is very important to select the proper name for your App, so you must spend enough time doing it correctly.
Due to the high competition in the market, choosing a good name for a mobile app or a startup is becoming more and more difficult every day. But, we advise you not to be afraid of bold decisions such as choosing "incomprehensible" names. At first, "Instagram" seemed "incomprehensible" to many people, but now this name is very famous by everyone, and this application has met with widespread success. Choosing a name for your App is a complicated but fascinating process.
Some important points in choosing the it of the application:
1. A great app name should be able to represent the App's utility independently of the screenshots, descriptions, or icons you put on the market.
2. Make sure that the this of your product (which is the application here) does not have a bad meaning in another language.
3. Even the best names are worthless when used by someone else. Using databases and official sources is necessary to ensure such a matter.
4. Your app it can be too long or narrow and small; it can also become a catchy name or easily forgotten.
5. The shorter the name of your App, the better. It is also better to look for two-syllable names and avoid using ambiguous signs such as commas.
What is the strategy for choosing the names of the application?
- There is a character limit in choosing the names of the application
Google Play and App Store are the biggest global application markets, with more than a million applications. Now, the character limit of the application name in Google Play is 30 characters, and in the App Store, it is 255 characters.
- Advantages of using keywords
Using keywords next to the application name will make your application found much faster when searching. Using two or three keywords in the application's title will significantly increase the download of the application. The name of the application is one of the factors that helps to better search for the application in the market.
- Disadvantages and risks of using keywords
Using keywords, especially inappropriate keywords, can be risky for your App. When you use keywords in the application's title, the application's rejection probability is much higher than when you choose a simple name. One thing that increases the chances of getting rejected is overusing words like "best, free, fun, addictive" or copying the titles of other apps. Excessive use of keywords reduces the probability of the application being accepted. Using one to three keywords is more appropriate for brand recognition and user understanding.
- Choosing the right application
Another point in choosing the right application name is to pay attention to how the name you choose appears on the device's screen. If the name on the screen is very different from the official name of the application, the possibility of rejecting the application increases. The most important thing for applications that include keywords in the title is that the central part of the title is displayed in full on the screen. For example, if the application title is "App in the Air: Flight Tracker and Airport Guide," the screen should display App in the Air.About our Android and iOS app development services