What are the basics of digital marketing?
7 minute(s) read
Published on: Oct 24, 2021
Updated on: Dec 14, 2021
Marketing has always existed in the business world, but their methods have changed with the advent of digital marketing. Of course, do not worry, only the way they are done has changed. In this way, we will do all the activities that we have done in the real world for digital marketing in the world of online and Internet.
The importance of online advertising is so great that a large team is created for digital marketing today in every business.
What is digital marketing?
Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft, is the Internet of Things. Digital marketing is also a broad concept that can include a collection of web designs, email, online platforms, social networks, audio content, video content, and all elements of digital and online. Digital marketing consists of 7 parts. Philip Kotler, a marketing lecturer, says that marketing (digital marketing or traditional marketing) is the art of creating real value for the customer, not finding clever ways to impose and sell low-quality products to the customer.
In other words, marketing is about giving value to the customer and selling quality products and their needs.
The areas covered by online advertising are as follows:
- Content Marketing:
It is worth noting that content marketing is a long-term strategy that focuses on the design and distribution of quality and relevant content. This generated content may be interactive, informative, entertaining, or educational. This content of any kind should ultimately help your target audience meet their needs in the best way possible.
- Search Engine Optimization:
After producing different types of required and related content, it is time to optimize the content with high quality. Optimizing content using search engines means that it reaches the highest rank for users to display in search engine search results. For our content to reach the best rankings in search results to be displayed to the audience, there are some principles of search engines that we must consider until finally the quality content produced in the best rankings is displayed to users.
- Social media marketing:
As you know, social networks are very popular today, and many users have accounts in this type of network. For this reason, we need to create accounts in these popular networks and do marketing for our business digitally. Some social networks that have a lot of fans and we can create accounts on them are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
- Email Marketing:
This type of online advertising also sends a few bulk messages to users' email addresses to advertise and persuade them to buy. In this method, many messages, including textual and sometimes visual content, are sent to attract customers.
- Online Marketing:
Online marketing includes all methods for marketing that are done online and digitally. In this method, anyway, that can be marketed online and digitally is used.
- Mobile marketing:
This marketing method also includes marketing through smartphones and tablets, which can be done through emails, social networks, and applications. This can be a set of social media marketing methods for email marketing and bulk messaging.
How to market online and digitally?
1- We must define the goals
It is better to determine first what our goal is and what we want to achieve in the end.
Here are some common goals in online advertising:
- Creating brand awareness and introducing it as much as possible
- Increase sales and revenue
- Creating effective intellectual leadership and strategies to advance the business
- Enhance user experience
- Launching a new market
Once we have been able to determine its purpose and extent, we will easily turn them into a goal and achieve them easily. The SMART framework, which stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-bound, says that goals should be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time.
Once you have set your goals so that you can reach them quickly, it is better to use the SMART framework than to easily achieve your goals.
For example, if you want to do branding, you can do the following:
- 30% increase in social network account followers for the next month
- 20% increase in email addresses in the next two weeks
2- I research the target audience
Before I start something, it is better to know our target audience and then act. Imagine that we do not know our target audience, and in this case, we will fail because it is very important to identify our target audience and their needs so that we can address their needs.
To do this, we can talk to customers directly or indirectly to see what content, product, and service they like.
3- Keep an eye on your competitors
To be able to do better in improving and advancing your business, you must also monitor your competitors so that you are aware of all the actions they take for their business. By doing this, you can easily know all the strengths and weaknesses of your competitors, and as a result, you can use them to grow your business.
4- Reverse engineering the goals
This step is the main step to start a business. In this way, after setting goals, determining the time, and examining competitors, you can take the necessary steps to start a business.
5- Run and measure
At this stage, we will carry out all the strategies we had in mind to achieve the goals we had set. After doing them, I also measure its effectiveness and efficiency to easily act again to improve our business by using the data obtained from the measurement.
Online advertising standards are as follows:
- Customer-centered mentality If you make this standard your way of working, you will undoubtedly succeed. Bad statistics show that companies whose work methods are customer-oriented have achieved much success compared to other companies and businesses. Instead, what do I get instead of doing this strategy? Tell me how my customers benefit and how their needs are met. - Focus on the concept Content is king, and concept is queen. The production and arrangement of a commodity must be related to the concept and purpose in order to have the desired effect. - Single channel marketing In this type of marketing, the customer can communicate with you privately via email, contact, social networks. - Focus on mobile Another customer-centric standard is to be where the customer is. Today, due to social networks, the increase in the number of users in them, and the popularity of social networks, it is better for business owners to be with customers and where the customer is. For the business to grow more and faster, it is better to use mobile phones and social networking applications. You can use online stores for yourself on the Internet or developed social networking applications ( in German: entwickelte Social-Networking-Anwendungen )for digital marketing and business growth.
In this article, we have listed some principles and standards for digital marketing to grow the business and increase sales, for which you can design and implement your online stores on the Internet. Or you can even use extended social networking apps.
By considering all the important points included in this article and the principles and standards of marketing, you will be able to easily grow your business, which is digital and online.Click to audit your website SEO