How to publish an iOS app to the Apple app store?
3 minute(s) read
Published on: Sep 22, 2020
Updated on: Dec 14, 2021
You are releasing your first app, or it may have been a while since your last time. Publishing an app to the App-Store isn't just about hitting the Home button, but it's not as complicated as it sounds. Here is how you can publish an iOS app to the Apple app-store
After the Xamarin.the iOS app is developed, app distribution is the next step of the software development lifecycle. The app is distributed to the users using the iTunes App Store You can make the app available for consumers worldwide by publishing the app on the Apple App Store. For this, you will need to create a custom Distribution Provisioning Profile. This profile allows the app to digitally sign for launch so that it can be installed on an iOS device. Create a profile providing an iOS distribution and distribution certificate. Similar to a development provisioning profile, the profile distribution will include the app id and distribution certificate. You can specify the same app and device IDs for the development management profile. However, if you don't already have one, you must create a distribution certificate to identify your organization.
Set up an app in iTunes Connect
iTunes Connect is a set of web tools for managing iOS applications on the App-Store. The Xamarin.iOS app will need to be correctly configured in iTunes Connect before it is finally released for sale or as a free app in the App Store.
iTunes Connect can
- Set the name of the app
- Actively provide screenshots or videos of the app on supported iOS devices.
- Provide categories and subcategories to help users find the app in the App Store.
- Provide a clear and brief description of the application, including its features and benefits for the end-user
- Provide any keywords that can help the user find the app.
- Provide the contact and support URLs for your website (required by Apple).
- Define an app classification, which is used to report parental controls on the App Store.
- Set a selling price or specify that the app will run for free.
- In addition, the app must also contain attractive HD artwork available if Apple chooses to feature the app on the App-Store.
Publishing Xamarin.iOS apps on the App-Store
For publishing an app on the store, the app developer must first send it, along with screenshots, descriptions, icons, and other information, to Apple for review. After the app is approved, Apple makes it available in the App Store, where users can purchase and install it directly from their iOS device. To distribute your app to the beta tester or users through the App Store, you will need a separate provisioning profile and distribution certificate. The description and keywords of your application are essential. Make sure to upgrade it for discovery. For this, a support URL can be as simple as a landing page with a contact form, and a marketing URL can be your app's website and is optional.About our Android and iOS app development services