Create a new post on WordPress site tutorial
14 minute(s) read
Published on: Jul 27, 2021
Updated on: Dec 14, 2021
Today, the number of people who do all their tasks online is increasing day by day, and they try to save time by doing so. Doing tasks online by different people has caused all businesses to create various sites in order to attract more users. WordPress is one of the site design systems that designers use to help sites attract the attention of users and cause an increase in site traffic and site visits. As a result, the website's ranking will be increased as well.
The way to work with WordPress is very simple, and it can be said that this is one of the reasons for the great interest of various users in this system, along with many other reasons. In this article, we will look at how you can put a new post on your WordPress site, but before that, we need to give a general explanation about WordPress.
What is WordPress?
In general, it is an open-source content system that is available to various users for free, and they can use it to launch a personal and commercial website. As we have mentioned above, this system is an open-source one, meaning site owners can use it to access its source code to view and modify it.
How to create a post in WordPress?
In WordPress, the posts which you upload are displayed on the home page or the blog page and cause different users to be attracted to it. When the posts which are uploaded are more attractive to the users, they will be more attracted to your site, which makes it possible for you to get closer to success step by step. In WordPress, you need to follow the steps which are mentioned in the following.
- Before logging in to WordPress, you need to have high-quality content because good content can make the users stay on your website for a longer time, which causes Google to give a higher ranking to your website, that is in line with the topics on it as well as your field of activity.
- After you have prepared good content and images that can attract users, you need to enter WordPress. As you know, images are so important in attracting users because appearance is as important as the content of a website because they can cause users to choose your website from other options.
- Now log in to your WordPress Administration Screen (Dashboard)
- In the dashboard section, click on the Posts option.
- In the Posts tab, enter "Add New."
- By clicking on "Add New," you can see a page where you need to fill in different items.
- First, enter the title of your post in the title field at the top of the page.
- In the larger box below the title box, enter your content of yours.
- In the part where you enter your content, it is possible for you to add items that will cause your post and site to be seen more. One of the items that should be mentioned is linking keywords in the content to various pages and related blogs on your site, which can cause other pages of your site to be seen in addition to this existing content. In addition to this factor, there are other items that you can enter to add more power to your post.
In the main text section, you enter, be sure to use appropriate images to attract lots of users to your website and make them enthusiastic about choosing your site from other options.
- Once you have entered all the items, it is time to click on "Publish" so that the users can see you on the site, and they can use it and submit their positive or negative comments.
As you can see, you can publish your post easily. Still, you should do your best to publish a post that can be useful to different users and also attract their attention to it as much as possible. For you to take such steps, here are some tips that can help you achieve your goal faster and easier.
Important points for posting in WordPress:
In the title of your post, it is necessary to pay attention to the fact that you should never use the same title for more than one post, and you can also use commas, apostrophes, quotes, dashes, and other common symbols.
- Before clicking on the publish button, it is possible for you to put the post in draft, the difference is that users cannot see it, and finally, after all the changes you intended to make are implemented on it, you can publish it from the draft.
- As we have mentioned above, many options can help you create a better post, one of which is the Preview Button, which by clicking on it, you can see the structure and appearance of your post before publishing.
- As you know, formatting content can help you attract many users. If you want to change the format, you can use the Format Box as easily as possible.
- Another item is the Tags Box which are macro-categories for the post. Similar to including index entries for a page, posts with similar tags are linked together when a user clicks one of the tags.
Tags have to be enabled with the right code in your theme for them to appear in your post. You can add new tags to the post by typing the tag into the box and clicking "Add."
You can also click on the "Choose from the most-used tags" link to see all the tags that the site has used.
For the post you post to meet the standards on the web, you need to include the ALT and TITLE tags for existing images as well as links, etc.,
- Examine the content you are about to publish for any errors, one of the mistakes that can cause users to become distrustful of your post and ultimately, your site is when there are various spelling mistakes in your post, to check these errors, there are spell check Plugins that you can use because with the help of these plugins you can check all the items, to prevent users from being distrustful of the content of your post.
As you know, you can view your post as everyone sees it and view it with different codes. If you select the Text Editor option, you can see different quick tags, which are as follows.
In addition to the things we've covered so far, other things can help you publish a post that attracts more users to your website, but another important point has to be mentioned here.
Imagine publishing content in WordPress, but this site limits your activity after a while, and you will look for the reason. After a while, you will find out that it is due to non-compliance with the rules for posting and activity in WordPress, so we are going to mention some of these rules so that by following them, you can easily work on your WordPress site.
Rules in WordPress:
- Some of the uploaded posts may not be suitable for all people, or there may be content in them that is not appropriate for the user to read them. For example, in such cases, it is necessary to add NSFW to the topic title of the post and tag the post NSFW.
If you don't do this and your post has such content, you will be stopped from working in WordPress for a short time, so pay attention to this issue and let users decide when to see your post after viewing NSFW.
- Upload posts that can help users learn more and the ones that can be useful to them. If you intend to create different posts just to make your site more visible, and if you keep advertising your site in your posts, you will eventually be banned by the rules.
- Never look for the cost of doing something from users who read your post in WordPress because doing so will cause the page which you have created to be closed as soon as possible, and as a result, all your efforts will be wasted so that you should try to guide users for free and create a positive user experience from viewing your post on this site, which finally make them share your content with their friends which over time will cause your site to be seen more.
- Never create multiple accounts because this is against the rules and will eventually block your accounts. This activity is called Sockpuppets, which can ultimately work against your site and doesn't help you be successful.
- In your posts and while interacting with users who view your post, never ask them for passwords and personal items like this because this is also against the rules of the WordPress site, and your account will be blocked immediately after viewing such behavior.
- Do not post simply to request feedback on your site.
- As you know for sure, you should not allow private information about different people to be posted. Still, you may have seen that some people who publish their posts on this site or other ones tend to publish such content to cause different users to be attracted and also encourage them to visit their site, which is not right for WordPress. In such cases, it will quickly delete the account.
- Another important rule on this site is that you should not ask for any kind of access to provide support, not even for plugins or themes.
- WordPress has many rules, all of which are just to allow users who visit the site, as well as users who publish their posts, to make the most of its environment, which is why WordPress, as opposed to users who intend to ask questions to the owners of different posts through various ways, such as a home address, phone number, Twitter ID, Skype ID, Facebook, or any other social media account, and these people can only use communication methods which are explicitly stated to be used to communicate to get the answer to their question.
- Every time you see a post in WordPress, it is possible to click on 'Report this topic' if you see something wrong with the rules so that it will be checked as soon as possible, and let them know if there are illegal cases so that they will try to block the account that you have reported. Still, another case mentioned is that you should never abuse this feature that exists on this site and use it to take personal revenge.
- Do not ask further questions about the comment, such as "Recommendations of web hosting providers" or other topics that may cause disagreement among different people or attract spam answers because this is against the existing rules and will cause your account to be closed. You can no longer be active on this site.
- If you search for the topic of the rules in WordPress on the Internet, you will come across various items, one of which you can see on this site is as follows:
Do not seek legal advice on the forums: We are not lawyers, and if we were, we would then open ourselves to liabilities.
We have brought this to you from the WordPress site, which is good to keep in your mind.
- Observe copyright law and prevent the publication of content on various sites without mentioning the source of the content, and don't try to introduce your site as the source of content which doesn't belong to you so that you have to mention the source of the content because this is against the law, not only in WordPress but in all various sites and causes your account to be blocked altogether.
In addition to the rules we have mentioned so far, there are other cases that if you follow all the rules, you can easily be active in this space, but if you break the law for any reason, you will lose your account, and WordPress will block it.
In this article, we have explained how to create posts in this system, as well as the rules that you need to follow while working in this system so that you can study and master various items in the best possible way to create, publish and view the posts you want, as you can see, publishing a post is not a difficult task, and you can do it with just a few clicks, but you should pay attention to the point that you have to publish a useful and attractive post for users due to the fact that it can be considered as the key to success, but if you prefer to post a useless post, you won't be able to attract users to your site and if you post low-quality content on your post, users will leave your website and prefer another one to find the answer to their questions which will have a bad effect on your website because of a decrease in the number of visitors as well as the ranking of it in search result page, in fact, the important thing is to be able to find the right content, images and so on, also using the appropriate items for publication and following the rules can help you in this field so that you can have your account forever and do not miss the opportunity to continue your activity on such a good site, we hope the content which have been provided for you can help you to reach your goals.Website SEO analysis services