How can I test my Android app?
7 minute(s) read
Published on: Oct 26, 2021
Updated on: Dec 14, 2021
Testing applications designed for Android and iOS operating systems and platforms is one of the most critical steps in designing and developing applications. Usually, this stage of designing and developing the application is done at the end and after designing and preparing the app by the developer and the developer. The testing step is done to determine whether the designed app works appropriately or not. They even check for bugs and bugs in the app at this stage of the test and try to improve its performance.
How to test designed applications?
As they know, today, apps have become the most popular digital tools in mobile phones, and users can meet all their needs and do their work through them. That is why the design and development of applications ( in Slovak: návrh a vývoj aplikácií ) have become so popular. In designing and developing apps, testing is essential, and we must test it for the app to work correctly to make sure it works properly. If the apps have any problems, fix them before presenting them. Application check steps:
Planning is one of the first steps to test apps. Before we begin testing Android and iOS applications, it is best to see what hypothetical cases the previous or current developer used and then start testing the application.
2- Picking the Types of checks:
Deciding and choosing which type of test to use depends on the application platform. Below are some of the different tests that are performed on different types of apps:
- Functionality Testing: This type of testing of mobile applications is used to test the performance of different parts of the system. This focuses more on testing and reviewing processing results than on how the process occurs.
- Usability Testing: This type of mobile application also examines how much this app has been effective and practical for users. In other words, we can say that it focuses on a small community consisting of several users rather than examining the extent of the application and the impact of the application on the user. The implications and application of the app on users in this are reviewed and determined.
- Compatibility Testing: This type and review of apps are also used to check the monitoring and compatibility of the app.
- Performance Testing: This also performs the performance of applications in different sections. It is worth mentioning that the results of this test are some of the numbers displayed, and those numbers indicate the level of satisfaction and performance of different parts of the app. For example, this can examine the performance of various app parts, such as power consumption, and display the result.
- Security Testing: This type of test also examines the level of data security and security of the app, and many users when downloading and installing the application on their system, in addition to checking the features and capabilities of the application, its security feature They check to see if the app is secure or not. If it is not safe, users will refuse to install it. Therefore, it is better to ensure that the app is safe before presenting it to users.
3- Preparing check Cases:
After all the testing and review steps are done, it is better to record all the reviews and tests that we have done and document them. In this part of testing apps, we need to record the details of each feature and function. We can use all the documents stored in this section for other projects and tests of other applications.
4- Manual and Automated checking:
What is a manual check?
Manual testing is a method of app testing in which tests are performed using QA analysts. This can be done to extract bugs in the software under development. In this method of testing, the tester examines all the main features of the software or application. In this method, the testers run the Test Case software so that they can generate test reports without the use of automatic testing tools. This test method is a classic method that can be used to find bugs in software systems.
What is automated checking?
In this method of testing, which is done automatically, testers enter codes or test scripts to perform the testing process. Using this testing method, checking and testing can be done without human intervention and manually.
Some tools that can be used for automated testing. The following are some indicators in the selection of automated testing tools:
- Support for different platforms: To test automatically, it is better to choose a tool that can support multiple devices and operating systems. In using the tools for automatic testing, it is better to test our app on Android and iOS platforms. Then run the tests in different programming languages such as .NET, C #, Objective-C, Swift.
- Extensive feature support: A convenient automated testing tool that can support a wide range of features in testing apps and test and test all those different features.
- Reusable tests: It is better to choose a tool for automatic testing that allows you to use the tests again.
5- Usability and Beta checking:
- Usability Test: In this, it is determined how effective and practical the application product has been for users. The applicability of applications for users in this is determined.
- Beta Test: This is also performed during the production of the application during the production of the prototype of the app. In addition, this examines how users interact with the app. How this works is that the prototype of the app is produced and presented to users so that users can use it and examine how users interact and comment to improve the samples and subsequent versions. After recovery, the app is presented to users again.
6- Performance checking:
This type of test also examines the performance of the program and the app, so that to check the performance of the app, you must consider some features and items in advance so that you can check the performance of the app and, basically, get some results.
The following items can also be used to check the performance of the app:
- Device performance: Launch the app to check how long it takes to launch the app after launching the app on the device. If it takes time to launch, it indicates that the application and the app should be checked.
- Use the device battery, which will or will not heat up the device battery when installing the app on the device. If it gets hot, it is better to reconsider the design of the app and reconsider it.
- Consumption of memory, before releasing the app as a flawless and final version, it is better to check how the phone memory works after installing the app so that it does not take up much memory.
- API Server Performance: Manage data, API calls generated from the application, and manage server downtime
- Network Performance: Network Jitters parameters, packet loss, and network speed
7- Security and Compliance checking:
As we said, users do not download an application that is not secure and install it on their system. It is better to secure all the data sent inside the app and the device so that the information and data of the users are secure, and it is impossible or difficult to penetrate them.
8- Test Summary Report:
The last step of the test app is to prepare reports for testing and reviewing other applications or the development stages of the same application. It is better to report all the steps and results of the app testing process so that you can use them later.DotNek Android development services