How much does it cost to build an app like Facebook?
8 minute(s) read
Published on: Aug 13, 2022
Updated on: Aug 13, 2022
The cost of developing a mobile application for iOS and Android to order in 2022
The cost of developing a mobile app depends on the planned functionality and many factors: whether you need help preparing documentation, design, development of the server side, and technical support. Therefore, the estimates below are very approximate. Why the cost of creating mobile applications is such and what it includes was told in this article. Don't let its size scare you - the article is intended as a detailed answer to the question, "how much does mobile app development cost in 2022".
Application development scores by category
Compared to last year, the average cost of developing mobile applications in the main categories has not changed and has remained almost the same:
1. Basic (offline) application, business card, simple functionality
It costs 2500$ to 7500$, and it takes about one week to get created.
2. Some that involve online editing/moderation, filling articles and content in the admin panel, i.e., with server-side
Cost from 7500$ to 15000$, and it takes 2-3 weeks.
3. Chat bot, interactive assistant
Around 16500$ cost and almost one month time.
4. IoT, pairing with devices via Bluetooth / Wi-Fi / other protocols
Cost: 16000$ to 25000$
Time: 30 to 45 days
5. Messenger (one of the most popular apps that developers may like to create)
Cost: 25000$ to 40000$
Time: 2 months, approximately
6. Augmented and virtual reality
Cost: 29000$ to 40000$ Time: 2 months 7. Taxi, delivery of pizzas, water, groceries, and more, including a module for monitoring and interacting with couriers
Cost: 33000$ to 50000$
Time: 2 months
8. Stores/catalogs, including personal account, search, discount mechanics, acquiring
Cost: about 35000$
Time: 2 months
9. Social networks vary greatly in functionality but fit into the framework
Cost: from 33000$ to 65000$
Time: 3 months
10. The most expensive are corporate applications, which, as a rule, involve integration with a whole range of services and have increased requirements for data protection and security. The online calculator determines the approximate cost of developing a mobile application for IOS and Android.
Where does such cost come from, and what does it include besides development?
Let's imagine we have an idea to develop a mobile application for iOS and Android: telemedicine in the field of pediatrics is for consulting young parents and making money through subscriptions. No video/audio included text chat only. If the case is serious, in any case, we recommend that you contact the clinic immediately, and in the program, there are answers to the questions "Why does the child often touch their ears?" and such questions.
We send the question "how much does custom app development cost on average" to five companies that develop mobile apps for iOS and Android. We ask them to evaluate the cost and timing of the implementation of our idea, and we get the following answers:
- The cost of developing a mobile application is 35000$ and its creation takes four months. This does not include documentation development.
- Cross-platform development – 5700$. But the main thing here is the server; it's about 25000$. Includes support for a year.
- Development of a mobile application for one IOS or Android platform - from 13000$ to 30000$. The back end is included in the estimate. In terms of time - it depends on the depth of study; it can be faster or slower.
- An application for Android or iOS (one platform) - the cost is 50000$. Very high-quality design and animation. It is better to take the server part ready-made; since the standard chat mechanics are used, it will be more stable and cheaper. And may takes six months to get created.
2500$ per application for one platform, one week for each. There are ready-made developments; we will collect from them.
Note: It is challenging to choose the best option from the presented ones, not only because the answers are entirely different in terms of similar parameters (as a result, the cost of developing an application for Android or iOS will cost from 5000$ to 115000$). We do not talk about the server; in some cases, there is support nothing, and in others, there is no word about upgrades.
The example of building a house illustrates the situation more clearly. The question "how much does it cost to build a good house?" will lead to equally disparate answers covering different areas of task implementation. The approach to the foundation alone can differ dramatically, not to mention the interior. However, this does not mean that the issue of determining the cost of developing a mobile application cannot be sorted out; it just needs to be approached systematically:
1. Formulating a marketing strategy is the main task that determines all further steps (including the technologies used) and costs.
2. Break down the entire process into components to understand which areas generally need to be evaluated.
3. For each area, specify the goal the work should achieve.
What constitutes a mobile application in 2022?
The described steps are the main steps in developing any mobile application. The most successful teams we have worked with pay close attention to these steps. And the more users the implemented project has, the more its creators paid attention to the marketing strategy from the very first step.
Marketing strategy and documentation
Let's consider another mobile app idea - a social network for discussing TV shows. Many famous show producers (especially in the US) launch mobile apps where, as the story progresses, fans can discuss possible plot developments, bet on who the killer is, etc. And it is a global platform that is not directly linked to a specific film studio but allows you to discuss all current series.
Successful teams, we learn from building the shortest path around traffic and the fastest ways to reach target audiences. Where do fans of the series communicate with each other now? Searching for movies, sites with similar topics, and in groups on social networks. If they are there, won't their journey to the mobile app be too long? The cost of linking to the site (or group on the social network) will be about 0.1 to 2 dollars. And the minimum charge of installing the program in this matter is 6-12 rubles; it is unlikely to reach it. As a result, attracting 10,000 people will cost 10,000 people in the first case.
Yes, here you can think further: how long the user will last on the site or in the group compared to the application, how effectively it will be possible to reduce the outflow in each of these cases, and so on. However, the primary goal of the new service is to provide the maximum benefit to the maximum number of people in the minimum time. At the same time, the ultimate audience is not the entire planet but the critical volume of target users where organic growth is possible.
How much does it is to build an app?
These days, the mobile industry is moving forward at a swift pace and brings benefits to everyone, both consumers and producers. Almost most people have an idea that they want to turn into an app and make money from it. Maybe you would like to do this too. Perhaps you want to create a great app that will gain fame and popularity like Instagram or make a lot of money like an internet taxi app. Although all these things are delightful and desirable, it is better to know a little about the costs of making mobile applications before diving into this work. The issue is that it is not possible to give the same answer to everyone and specify a specific rate for the cost of making these programs. Therefore, if ten people ask how much it costs to make an application, each of them should give a different answer.
The truth is that the cost of making these programs is similar to buying a car. How much do you think it costs to buy a car? Of course, it depends on the type of car, the year of manufacture, its features, and other things. This issue also applies to the creation of a mobile application, and the type of application and its users or the facilities it provides to the user has an impact on the cost of its creation.About our Android and iOS app development services