Testing mobile security and the testing tools
3 minute(s) read
Published on: Aug 31, 2020
Updated on: Dec 14, 2021
why is it important to do mobile app security testing and the various tools you will need for security testing?
Security of mobile apps has become very important in this digital world. With the increasing number of mobile apps, it becomes crucial to deliver a highly secured and perfectly working app to users. Companies should let the app users know which of their information is collected and why they are collecting it. Apps should collect only necessary data of users.
What is security-testing?
Testing the mobile app security can help you detect the loopholes if there are any in the software resulting in data loss. Certain security tests are meant to do on the app to identify the possible vulnerabilities and threats that would let the external systems or persons access personal information stored in the mobile device.
You can Choose An Online Selenium Grid , that helps you focus on writing better Selenium test scripts rather than worrying you about the infrastructure maintenance. Trigger your Selenium test scripts at any time & from anywhere using a cloud Selenium Grid.
Why is it important to do security-testing?
We store our private or personal information on our mobile devices. If that info leaks, it could cause serious harm to the user and device. End-to-end encryption will be the best possible solution, but it's not guaranteed everything as it might happen that encrypted data will be decrypted.
Some of the mobile security testing tools are mentioned below:
1.MobSF (Mobile Security Framework):
- It is an open-source security testing tool for mobile application security testing.
Using MobSF tool makes itomes possible to seset upt up the security testing environment effortlessly.
- It helps identify security threats across Clients, networks, and servers.
- It performs quick security breakdown for different mobile applications on Android, Windows, and iOS platforms. Developers can easily classify security vulnerabilities and threats during the application development phase.
- It is a cloud-based testing platform that gives a rapid solution using its dynamic and static technology.
- It could very easily and quickly detect or find loopholes compared to any other platform or tool.
- WhiteHat sentinel provides supports both android and iOS platforms. This platform gives you whole information about your project status.
- It is easy and simple to use and provides excellent security testing outcomes. Finance and Healthcare apps are being tested in-depth, while the other simple website apps are tested simply with a scan.
- Security testing is done deeply using full coverage of use cases. The Static Analysis done by ver code gives a fast and accurate code review outcome.
Under a single platform, it provides different and multiple security examines, which includes static, behavioral, and mobile app dynamic analysis.
- It performs security testing using a programmatic approach, which ensures that the test results are reliable and scalable.
- It supports iOS as well as Android platforms.
- It's supported by machine learning and static code analysis. It as well supports static and dynamic testing in mobile application security-testing.
- It assesses your mobile app without using source code. It can upload files in multiple formats such as APK, IPA, etc.
5. Android Debug Bridge:
- ADB could be easily integrated with the Android Studio integrated development environment.
- It connects with the devices using WI-FI, Bluetooth, USB, etc.
- Real-time monitoring of the system events.
- It enables the operating at a system level by using the shell commands.
Each mobile testing security tool has its advantages and disadvantages. So, choose the security testing tool wisely according to the requirements and nature of your mobile appWebsite SEO analysis services