Testing mobile security and the testing tools
8 minute(s) read
Aug 31, 2020
why is it important to do
mobile app security testing
and the various tools which you will need for security testing.
Security of the mobile apps becomes very important in this digital world. With the increasing number of mobile apps, it becomes very crucial to deliver a highly secured and perfectly working app to users. Companies should let the app users know about which of their information is collected and why they are collecting it. Only necessary data of user should be collected by apps.
What is security testing?
Testing the mobile app security can help you detect the loopholes if there are any in the software that might be resulting in data loss. Certain security tests are meant to do on the app in order to identify the possible vulnerabilities and threats that would let the external systems or persons to access personal information which is stored in the mobile device.
Why is it important to do security testing?
We store our private or personal information on our mobile devices. If that info leaks then it could cause serious harm to the user and device. End to end encryption will be the best possible solution, but it's not guarantee everything as it might happen that encrypted data will be decrypted.
Some of the mobile security testing tools are mentioned below:
1.MobSF (Mobile Security Framework):
- It is basically an open-source security testing tool for
mobile application security
- By using MobSF tool it becomes possible to setup the security testing environment effortlessly.
- It helps to identify security threats across Clients, networks, and servers.
- It performs quick security breakdown for different mobile applications on Android, Windows and iOS platforms. Developers can easily classify security vulnerabilities and threats during the application development phase.
- It is basically a cloud-based testing platform which gives a rapid solution by using its dynamic and static technology.
- It could very easily and quickly detect or find loophole as compared to any other platform or tool.
- WhiteHat sentinel provides supports both android and iOS platforms. This platform gives you whole information about your project status.
- It is easy as well as simple to use and provides excellent security testing outcomes. Finance and Healthcare apps are being tested by it in-depth while the other simple website apps are tested simply with a scan.
- Security testing is done deeply by means of full coverage of use cases. The Static Analysis done by vercode gives a fast and accurtae code review outcome.
- Under a single platform, it provides different and multiple security examines which includes static, behavioral as well as mobile app dynamic analysis.
- It performs security testing by using programmatic approach , which ensures that the test results are reliable and scalable.
- It supports iOS as well as Android platforms.
- It’s supported by machine learning and static code analysis . It as well supports static and dynamic testing in the mobile application security testing.
- It assessess your mobile app without using source code. It can upload files in multiple formats such as APK, IPA, etc.
5.Android Debug Bridge:
- ADB could be easily integrated with the Android studio integrated
- It connects with the devices using WI-FI, Bluetooth, USB, etc.
- Real-time monitoring of the system events.
- It enables the operating at system level by using the shell commands.
Each mobile testing security tools has its advantages and disadvantages. So, choose the security testing tool wisely according to the requirements and nature of your mobile app