The role of impression in the search console
8 minute(s) read
Mar 14, 2021
There are various tools through which you can prepare reports and analyze the performance of the site, all of which aim to improve the quality of the site and also provide a better user experience for users after entering the site, which ultimately leads to a higher website ranking on the search results page , one of which is the search console, which informs you of various reports including impression, which we will discuss in this article.
What is a search console?
First, it is better to describe search console, and the abilities that it provides for us, the search console provides users with information such as site visits, keywords searched, links and backlinks , whether pages are indexed or not, Google crawler access to your website, site security issues, and etc., to users, and they can analyze these reports to optimize their site better and solve all the problems on the site, the search console, like all tools in the Google search engine , is constantly updated to provide the best analysis of the performance of various sites to site owners, even now, you can do a lot of things through the console search, including the following:
- After publishing content in the search engine, you may not be satisfied with the quality of the content you have published or content may not be updated after a while, and you want to do something to prevent the content from appearing in the search results, through the search console you can do this and remove any content of your site that you want from the search results page.
- The presence of broken links on sites causes users to face problems every time they click on those links and gain a negative user experience , which causes users to lose their trust in the site and over time, the site gets a low ranking on the results page, but it can be prevented by using a tool such as a search console, and this tool reports all the problems of the links.
- Indexing a site is so important, and if a valuable content is generated, but Google bots do not index it, that site won’t get a high ranking , so it is better to get help from the search console through which you can make sure that Google bots have access to your site and can check its content, the site ranking may be reduced due to many factors, including the technical problems of the site, the search console can identify and fix problems that may affect the accuracy of the site and the ranking of it, so that the site ranking does not decrease.
- One of the factors that can be checked by the console search is the impression, which we will explain in more detail in the following.
What is Impression?
Impression is the number of times that a link is displayed on the search results page, if a link exists at the bottom of the results page and the user does not scroll to the bottom of the page, in which case it counts as an impression for the site, impression is different from CRT , in Impression, the user does not have to click on the site link to be counted as an impression, and it is enough that the site link is shown on the results page, while in CRT, the user must click on the link.
Through the search console, you can enter the Performance and then the Search results part, so you will immediately see the Impression, it should be noted that the search console only includes reports of organic visits in Impression and does not provide any information about click-through ads .
Tips of Impression:
- Impression shows us that even if a link is not clicked, it is still valuable, the keywords you choose for your content, meta descriptions and URLs all have an impact on the ranking , and through the number of impressions you can decide whether the keyword you have chosen will be searched by users or not, in other words, through impression you can find out the number of keyword searches in your content and the reasons that your site is not ranked first in the search results page, reasons other than the use of keywords are also valuable.
- Through impression and its high number, you can conclude that the topic you have produced a content related to it, has been searched and studied by a large number of people, and finally we can pay more attention to these quality topics, as a result you will get a good ranking, also interacting with users of sites that have high ranking on the search results page , by participating in the question and answer section of these sites, which can help you a lot to be seen more, and you can attract more users to your website by giving appropriate answers.
- The high number of impressions and the low CTR can show you that many users have probably seen your site and are familiar with your brand, and it is very likely that after a while your brand will stick to their minds, so we conclude that impression can indicate what ranking the site may receive in the future, as we mentioned, the search console only shows organic visits which can help us to put all our efforts on obtaining traffic organically, so that we can increase the number of impressions of our site and finally the number of clicks all of which causes us to reach our final goal and become a famous brand in your field after a while.
What is the role of impression in SEO?
As we have mentioned above, valuable keywords have a great impact on site optimization , when users search for the answers of their questions on the internet, and enter the keywords they want to search for, if you have generated content related to those words, your site content may be shown to the user, that of course depends on the ranking of your site in the search results page, which in order to be able to get a high ranking due to the use of related keywords, you must also produce quality, appropriate and of course up to date content to attract more users to it as well as gaining high organic traffic to your website due to the existence of these advantages.
In order to create content that is more popular for users, you should pay attention to different points, for example, you can take a look at other sites to conclude the users’ favorite topic, and with the help of articles that are about SEO, you can try to increase your website ranking, simply put, after a while, in addition to impression, you can also increase the CTR of your site, and note that the combination of click-through rate and impression of a site can be an amazing and effective combination for the site, and after a while, search engine robots will receive signals based on the quality of the site and changes your website ranking, so that the site will be noticed more by users, and they can get the answers to their questions through your site, which ultimately provide a positive user experience.
In general, nowadays, there are many tools which are provided for us to make everything easier, and all efforts are to help site owners and users to be more successful in achieving their goals as soon as possible, as we have mentioned above, the search console is so special among these tools and everyone who deals with the Internet should know about it and get help from it, one of the information that this tool gives us is the impression that we have described it completely for you.
In this article we tried our best to tell the difference between click-through rate and impression as well as their effects on ranking your website , so now you are aware of the importance of search console and its abilities, as a result you can use it correctly, and you will reach to your desired results due to the fact that you should have enough information about this important tool if you want to be successful.Website SEO analysis services