How to build SEO and increase site visits and ranking in WordPress
16 minute(s) read
Published on: Aug 14, 2021
Updated on: Dec 14, 2021
If you have searched a bit about different search engines such as Google, Firefox, etc., you have come across the issue that when you search for other topics in these browsers, a number of sites will be shown at the top of the page, which encourages you to click on one of them. If, after clicking on it, you are attracted to the structure and content, you will spend more time reading the content of that website. Still, if you are not attracted to the website content, you will leave it immediately, and you will prefer to look for another website that can meet your needs in a short time.
SEO is a crucial topic if you own a site, you should do your best to be able to optimize it as much as you can by taking different steps, and also pay attention to the fact that this effort will never be hidden from various search engines like Google and Google algorithms will evaluate everything.
Google algorithms are computer programs that have mathematical functions and formulas which analyze and categorize the contents of websites with the help of Google crawlers.
Google's goal is to deliver the most relevant result to the user and provide a positive user experience while using the search engine.
There are different types of algorithms, among which we can mention Friendly Mobile, Page layout, BERT, Your Money or Your Life, EAT, RankBrain, and Possum and so on, each of these algorithms pays attention to different factors for ranking sites (in Spanish: Sitios de clasificación ), ultimately, sites that are more user-friendly and allow users to answer their questions faster will be at the top of the search results page.
As you know, the content on your website is of great importance, but the visitor must be attracted to your site first and then be able to use the existing content and gain a positive user experience.
What is WordPress?
In simple terms, it is an open-source content system available to various users for free, and they can use it to launch a personal and even commercial website. As we have mentioned, this system is open source, which means that website owners can use it to access its source code and view and modify it.
You may be wondering the reason for the popularity of WordPress, which you can read in various articles on our site, but we will deal with this subject briefly in the following section.
What is the reason for WordPress's popularity?
It is famous for many reasons, some of which are mentioned below, one of the issues that are very important for the owners of different sites is to be able to get a high ranking in the Google search engine, which WordPress provides for them to some extent, and it should be noted that search engine usually gives better ranking to the websites which have used this system compare to the ones that haven't used it to manage their content as well as launching it because it is easier for its robots to crawl and analyze such websites within the CMS.
- There are various plugins in this system that make it possible for you to use it to create large websites and design small sites, which is also one of the several reasons for the importance of this system.
- Another reason for its popularity is that it is straightforward to use, and anyone can learn how to work with it.
- It has a high level of security because due to the great popularity of WordPress among Internet users and the high use of it by them, hackers' interest in this system also increases, so the lack of high security in it can be very dangerous in an insecure cyberspace like Internet, due to possible risks, its employees update WordPress regularly to avoid possible risks of this system.
- With the help of this system, you can easily design a site that is compatible to be run on different devices, and users can use each device to gain a good experience from your site and application.
- As we have mentioned before, the owners of it provide updated versions regularly. The positive point about this part is that you can do the update with just a few clicks, and working with this system doesn't require a lot of expertise.
How to build SEO and increase website visits and ranking in WordPress?
There are several ways to increase the number of hits, some of which we will mention below.
- Something that you need to pay attention to, and one of the most important things to build SEO in WordPress, is that after launching your site and creating different pages in it, you have to make sure that search engines can help you.
You may want to know how to make sure this issue is easily traceable. It is enough not to check an option called "discourages search engines from looking at your site," to get to this section, you need to follow the path below.
Head to Settings / Reading and look for the "Search Engine Visibility" setting.
- As you know, publishing relevant and helpful content is essential in optimizing the site, which requires you to create content that can meet the user's needs in the shortest possible time. It is necessary to think appropriately while creating content and put yourself in users' shoes, so you have to think that if you were reading this content as a user, could this content be useful for you or not, which will help you create great content that users can gain a positive user experience by reading it.
While writing content, keep in mind that using keywords can optimize your site, but never overuse them because overusing them doesn't positively affect your website. It can harm it as well. In some cases, WordPress and Google may even block your site because this is against the existing rules.
- The speed of different loading pages is also one of the fundamental issues, and the algorithms will consider this issue in the Google search engine. It will have a significant impact on raising the site ranking.
You can install and activate various plugins such as Kinsta, Flywheel, WPEngine, etc., to perform a speed test on your website. If, after conducting multiple tests, you conclude that your site has a low speed, you need to take the necessary steps to increase its speed.
Simply put, if users enter your site and cannot access the content on it in a short time and meet their needs, they will immediately leave it and search again for the answer to their questions, which will increase the bounce rate on your website that can ultimately have a very bad effect on your site SEO.
- You can get help from plugins in this field, one of the plugins that have many uses in this regard is Yoast SEO. One of the positive points about this plugin is that it can provide many opportunities to optimize your website as much as possible.
One of the things that can be said is that many users have installed it, and if you pay attention to the number of times it is downloaded, you will realize how widespread this plugin is.
It helps you improve your SEO. In fact, with its help, you can do things like controlling titles and meta descriptions, setting targeted keywords and tracking their use, managing site maps, and more.
How to install this plugin is as follows?
- In the first step, you need to enter your WordPress site and go to 'Dashboard' there. On the left, you can see an option called menu, click on it and click on 'Plugins.'
- Click on 'Add New' near the top of the screen.
- Type 'Yoast SEO' in the search bar.
- After the search is done, you can see a page as a search result that you should click on Install Now on this page.
- After installing this plugin, you must click on the Activate button to make your plugin usable.
- Now, you can go and configure the plugin.
As you know, Yoast SEO has many features. Still, if you want to use more features, you can install and activate the paid version, which is called Yoast SEO Premium. If you want to increase your website ranking on the search results page and other browsers, you need to install this plugin quickly.
- Image optimization is also a very important topic, and this issue is considered by many owners of different sites and various actions in this field, such as placing image captions, alt text and file name, etc., all of these issues can have a huge impact on the optimization of images on a website.
You may think that optimizing images can take a lot of time, but the result you get from doing so can be so helpful for you, and you enjoy its effects.
- Pay attention to the titles on your pages because one of the most important things that have an excellent effect on the SEO of a site is these titles.
The first thing that different users see is the titles, so if they are not attractive, users won't be attracted to them and won't click on the label as well.
Using keywords in the site title can have a significant effect. It is also necessary to write the title so that the user can identify the general idea of the content. It should also be noted that the content's title and topic should be in the same direction.
- You should check the mobile friendliness of your site. As you know and can see in the community these days, most of the users try to meet their needs through their mobile phones, and they prefer to search for the phrase they want on a mobile device in a short time to achieve the desired result.
In such a society, you need to pay a lot of attention to this issue and check the mobile-friendliness of your site that you have created in WordPress, for example, the size of the images that you use in a post on your phone as well, and if you feel the need to take more steps to optimize your site for mobile use, take action quickly.
- You have to use internal linking, which causes the user to view other pages of the site so that users can get the answer to their needs as soon as possible, which causes the search engine to consider the site valid. In addition, this linking causes the dwell time to increase, making Google give a high ranking to the website on the search results page.
An internal link is a link from one domain to another page of the same domain. In other words, a page from your site will be linked to another page of your site.
- You have to categorize the content in your blog. This issue is also of great importance for Google and various users since the users can easily find the content they are looking for, which is very pleasant for the users. Finally, they will quickly introduce your WordPress site to their friends, which will increase the number of visitors to your site. Note the following two points in this regard.
- Use categories to group your posts under a common topic.
-Use tags to single out individual aspects or sub-topics of your posts.
- Among other things that can have a very significant impact on website optimization, you have to pay attention to meta descriptions. Suppose you ignore this issue. In that case, you may encounter some problems even when you have a website with good content and quality so that if you do not take the time to write meta descriptions and think that the automatic descriptions that are usually received from the first post lines are enough will ultimately cause the website to fail in site optimization(in Czech: optimalizace stránek ).
The solution to this problem is that you have to know that the meta description should be considered the advertising section of the site so that you have to write this section in such a way that the user cannot click on the site after reading it.
As you can see, this issue is significant and should not be denied, so that you have to pay a lot of attention to this section to achieve success more quickly.
- Another way is to use the best permalink for different posts and pages. WordPress predicts which one is the best permalink and automatically assigns it to various pages and posts.
- Install an SEO-friendly WordPress Theme is one of the issues that can also have a significant impact on website optimization. As you know, there are many themes that WordPress users can install and use, which is necessary to pay attention to the purpose of creating your website in WordPress while choosing it so that you can select the best theme from various types of available ones.
Some of these themes can help you a lot in order to increase the ranking of your site and help you get a high ranking in the search results page (in German: ein hohes Ranking auf der Suchergebnisseite erzielen ) so that you need to choose the right theme.
-Be extremely careful in choosing a domain for your site. Follow the path below to select your desired field.
Settings - General
Here you can choose your preferred domain.
- Install the SEO Writing Assistant by SEMrush Plugin & Create Great Content. If you do this, you can see the result of your work in a short time and see how much this action can optimize your website and its effectiveness.
Put, if you want to rank high on Google with your WordPress site
, as we mentioned earlier, you need to make sure you create great and helpful content. SEO Writing Assistant assures you that your content is optimized and structured for the search engine and also recommends other keywords that you might consider working on. It also helps you use them correctly because using them in the right places and the right number of keywords can have a massive impact on optimizing your site.
- Never forget to update your site and the plugins you regularly use because, as you know, this issue will have a significant impact on increasing the number of visitors to the site. Updating plugins can also have effects because in each update, the existing bugs will be removed, and you can use the existing plugins efficiently by updating, the updated version can be more effective, and you can work with them faster and easier so that it is considered as one of the main tasks that have to be done in website optimization.
In general, SEO is a topic that is very important, and you should never underestimate it to achieve success, so in this article we examined the way to build SEO and increase website visitors and ranking in WordPress, various factors have been mentioned here which can give your website a high rank in the search results page, and observing just one of them won't lead you to your goal for instance if you update your website and plugin but do not pay attention to keywords which are one of the most essential factors in optimization, you won't be successful, and it would be harder for you to get to your destination as soon as possible, and it is necessary for you to pay attention to all of the points due to the fact that by observing all of which you can attract more users to your site so that you can increase the traffic to your website as well as improving its ranking which can make you successful in this field due to the fact that users prefer to choose the websites which are placed in the first pages of search results, so that if your website has a high ranking, you can attract more and more visitors day by day.Click to analyze your wesbite SEO